Why become a member? ×

Show us your rig!

ped

There are some beautiful rigs in this thread. Here's mine pictured with my '57 CS P bass (also featured in my avatar alongside my 70s Jazz).
It seems to be rather small in comparison to some of the powerhouses and heavyweights in this thread, but I love it and it won't be going anywhere (unless it breaks!).

Edited by skej21

Hey folks,
Just thought I'd share with you a little info/review of my current rig as it's been a bit of a quest to get to this point! First off, some background info on myself: I'm a pro bass player who has moved to Melbourne from Glasgow 4 months ago and have been gradually getting more and more involved in the scene here, which is awesome! I had to sell my rig back home to fund my travels, which was an Aguilar DB750 and an Epifani UL410, which was tough but worth it!
I purchased both the Genz Benz Shuttle 6 and the Eden 112XLT from the Ozbass forum (like basschat but not as active) and recently added a brand new Eden EX112 courtesy of the guys at Bass Centre, Melbourne. Coming from an all valve beast I was sceptical about this small and lightweight setup, but I have been thouroughly impressed so far.
I've used it on a coupla gigs and a reh so far and it's filled each room with ease. You don't get the 'wall of thunder' you get with a massive head and a power hungry 410, but it's not far away.
I run the head pretty much flat with the exception of the 'smiley face' eq curve button depressed and do any tonal adjustments from the bass. Having recently restrung courtesy of [url="http://&quot;%20<a%20href="http://www.nakedstrings.com&quot;"%20target="_blank">http://www.nakedstrings.com&quot;</a>"]Naked Strings[/url] the bottom end is thick and strong, while I find myself have to attenuate the highs but turning down the tweeter on the XLT.
I can recommend this rig for people who have issues with space and money but still need a high powered, flexible and toneworthy rig.
here are some pics, if you're interested I will try and do some recording for you guys to hear the capabilities.
Cheers!
Craig

[quote name='stonecoldbass' post='1071399' date='Dec 29 2010, 12:09 AM']That is one sweet ass looking rig! Basically a big monster version of mine! How do you find the Shuttle 9?
Craig[/quote]

Cheers I really like the 9.0 it just sounds great left as is, and is so light and easy to live with. I love the 3.0 too, I had one for a short while. :)

[quote name='stonecoldbass' post='1071398' date='Dec 29 2010, 12:08 AM']Hey folks,
Just thought I'd share with you a little info/review of my current rig as it's been a bit of a quest to get to this point! First off, some background info on myself: I'm a pro bass player who has moved to Melbourne from Glasgow 4 months ago and have been gradually getting more and more involved in the scene here, which is awesome! I had to sell my rig back home to fund my travels, which was an Aguilar DB750 and an Epifani UL410, which was tough but worth it!
I purchased both the Genz Benz Shuttle 6 and the Eden 112XLT from the Ozbass forum (like basschat but not as active) and recently added a brand new Eden EX112 courtesy of the guys at Bass Centre, Melbourne. Coming from an all valve beast I was sceptical about this small and lightweight setup, but I have been thouroughly impressed so far.
I've used it on a coupla gigs and a reh so far and it's filled each room with ease. You don't get the 'wall of thunder' you get with a massive head and a power hungry 410, but it's not far away.
I run the head pretty much flat with the exception of the 'smiley face' eq curve button depressed and do any tonal adjustments from the bass. Having recently restrung courtesy of [url="http://&quot;%20&lt;a%20href=&quot;http://www.nakedstrings.com&quot;&quot;%20target=&quot;_blank&quot;&gt;http://www.nakedstrings.com&quot;&lt;/a&gt;"]Naked Strings[/url] the bottom end is thick and strong, while I find myself have to attenuate the highs but turning down the tweeter on the XLT.
I can recommend this rig for people who have issues with space and money but still need a high powered, flexible and toneworthy rig.
here are some pics, if you're interested I will try and do some recording for you guys to hear the capabilities.
Cheers!
Craig[/quote]

Hi from rainy Scotland! Very nice looking rig - would be really interested in hearing how it sounds. Cheers, Rich

Here's a quick update, picked up a 1x15" cab from [b]oldslapper[/b] last week, to go with the Mark Bass head and 4x8" cab I got from him a couple of months back, now changed the grill back and added yellow piping.
[attachment=68141:P1010034.jpg]

Tried it all last night at rehearsal, it sounds excellent. Need to re-tweak the Sansamp BDDI to adjust for the 1x15"...

My setup in my room at uni, pretty much my whole rig apart from a 115 ashdown MAG cab.

breakdown:

guitars:
Warwick streamer $$ 4
Ibanez RG 320DX

bass amp:
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Ashdown MAG 210

Guitar amps:
Line 6 spider 3 30w
Ashdown peacemaker 20 all valve

pedals:
Ibanez TS7
Korg DT-10

Studio gear:
Apple Macbook Pro 13" basic spec running Pro tools HD and Max/MSP 5
Lexicon Lambda interface
Alesis M1 active 520 5" monitors.
Dell 23" monitor
evolution 25 key midi controller keyboard
logitech Z4 PC speakers
Shure SM58
Dell inspiron desktop - rarely used, mainly for quartus and pspice, as my mac won't run them.

Apologies for the crap photo!

Not everyones taste but I started collecting a few aacoustic amps

The mighty 370/301 Weighs a ton but sounds great
220/406
126 Combo
150b 404

Ive sold the 220 and the 126 now and I may sell the 150b as I am waiting for a PJB to arrive and need to fund it

[quote name='Dubs' post='1096478' date='Jan 20 2011, 03:39 PM']What hardware are you running that through?[/quote]
*ahem*... it's a slightly not-so-legal copy of pro tools, as i can't [i]really[/i] afford it, it came with a hardware emulator called XVX, which basically allows you to use pro tools with any sound card you like, so i'm using my lexicon lambda.

[quote name='budget bassist' post='1096502' date='Jan 20 2011, 04:10 PM']*ahem*... it's a slightly not-so-legal copy of pro tools, as i can't [i]really[/i] afford it, it came with a hardware emulator called XVX, which basically allows you to use pro tools with any sound card you like, so i'm using my lexicon lambda.[/quote]

Why not use pro tools 9?

[quote name='budget bassist' post='1095908' date='Jan 20 2011, 03:00 AM']My setup in my room at uni, pretty much my whole rig apart from a 115 ashdown MAG cab.

breakdown:

guitars:
Warwick streamer $$ 4
Ibanez RG 320DX

bass amp:
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Ashdown MAG 210

Guitar amps:
Line 6 spider 3 30w
Ashdown peacemaker 20 all valve

pedals:
Ibanez TS7
Korg DT-10

Studio gear:
Apple Macbook Pro 13" basic spec running Pro tools HD and Max/MSP 5
Lexicon Lambda interface
Alesis M1 active 520 5" monitors.
Dell 23" monitor
evolution 25 key midi controller keyboard
logitech Z4 PC speakers
Shure SM58
Dell inspiron desktop - rarely used, mainly for quartus and pspice, as my mac won't run them.

Apologies for the crap photo![/quote]

hope it doesn't get nicked...