ped

Show us your rig!

Five rigs in one spot! Components can be chopped and changed, but these are the most common setups:

Fender Rumble Studio 40: A combo with everything in the one box. It's small, light, needs nothing more than power and instrument cables and pumps out more volume than expected. The effects and amp sims are all great, and with the two sets of guys I play with most, who are very sensible on volume, it can manage a pub gig with aplomb.

Ashdown CTM-30 and AAA-115t: Classic low-wattage valve amp, filling that Ampeg b15 slot in the collection. That said, it sounds more 'British' somehow, perhaps more Vox or WEM. Perhaps it's those EL84s? It's got a rich, round voice, and flubs and grumbles as it overdrives.

Bugera 1960 and Palmer 2x12 with Eminence S2012s: Basically, a 100w Marshall! I used to play it through a 4x12, but it was too loud to really get the amp cooking onstage. Halving the driver count was a lockdown project so I haven't had a chance to really open up the throttle yet. The amp is forceful with that brash, gritty breakup, and the cab seems to have rolled off highs and lows with a 'shouty' midrange- exactly what I was after! Should be ideal for dirty, roundwound-y sounds from the Precision and Ric. Can't wait to take it for a proper spin!

Markbass LMII and Barefaced Super Midget: Honestly, this would happily do 99.99% of anything I'll ever need (but where's the fun in that?)! Amp and cab both seem flat and clean to me, with plenty of power between them. Whether going for DI'd tones or using an amp sim, the rig is faithful to what goes in. I can set up a sound on my studio monitors and have it transfer accurately across, and I find the EQ great for tuning to the room. Light and powerful, it's only hit its limits in a couple of extreme situations.

Rack and Barefaced Big Twin II: The juggernaut! Fender tuner, Sansamp VT Rack, Crown XLS1502. The Sansamp can be completely bypassed, offer a clean, flat tone with 3 band EQ, or a great Ampeg sim. Bridged, the Crown is good for 1550w, and the LR filters, designed for use as crossovers, can be used as an end of chain high-pass. Although I often like to have subtractive EQ and compression at the front end, it is good to know that I have all the basics in one 'head', and a rig which can handle anything I ask of it. As convenient as little rigs are, there is still a lot to be said for a visually imposing rig, and this setup is more flexible and much lighter than many of the other options.

Amps.thumb.jpg.1fa464d6b7ab6eeb18113bf479f0e8aa.jpg

• Like 7

I no longer gig I just record and play at home so here is my man cave rig an Ampeg PF20-T Amp and a Ampeg Micro SVT 210 Cabinet and it sounds great, very similar to a B-15 Head.

2018-08-21 17.04.02.jpg

• Like 6

Lovely RedVee

I have a PF20T as well, used with a home built B15 cab and P bass, it's all you need!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rubis said:

Lovely RedVee

I have a PF20T as well, used with a home built B15 cab and P bass, it's all you need!

Nice one rubis.........Any pics?

8 hours ago, RedVee said:

Nice one rubis.........Any pics?

IMG_4085.thumb.JPG.9cc3c7d1a56834befaf4146660b6f593.JPG

I took this one when I finished  the cab, but I had posted threads in the Build Diaries for the cab and the bass build. Got a lot of great advice and help on here from people lucky enough to have a real fliptop or 64 p bass. This set up is close enough for me and my needs. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, rubis said:

IMG_4085.thumb.JPG.9cc3c7d1a56834befaf4146660b6f593.JPG

I took this one when I finished  the cab, but I had posted threads in the Build Diaries for the cab and the bass build. Got a lot of great advice and help on here from people lucky enough to have a real fliptop or 64 p bass. This set up is close enough for me and my needs. 

That's├probably convinced me to go Daphne blue for my new build.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

my old basses

IMG_0163.jpg

Current basses i have now

IMG_0164.jpg

Current Setup;

1974 marshall super bass 100

aguilar 2x12

darkglass microtubes b7k pedal

IMG_0165.jpg

Edited by Runwayinsight
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Runwayinsight said:

my old basses

IMG_0163.jpg

IMG_0164.jpg

Current Setup;

aguilar 2x12

IMG_0165.jpg

That STR is rather tasty!

1 hour ago, MikanHannille said:

6 hours ago, Runwayinsight said:

my old basses

IMG_0163.jpg

IMG_0164.jpg

Current Setup;

aguilar 2x12

IMG_0165.jpg

What happened to the 70's precision? Iconic bass!😎

1 hour ago, MikanHannille said:

Simply a work of art, play like butter. these are great basses.

37 minutes ago, mikebass456 said:

What happened to the 70's precision? Iconic bass!😎

you are eagle eyed mate, it is from the 70's. well ,i sold it to a friend. she is in safe hands now.

Bought the first Vanderkley 112MNT about 4 years ago and finally made it a pair.

500112MNTx2.jpg.69155a978422e89fa71891453b01db90.jpg

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, foya said:

Post covid update! 😅

Its over?

Oh, you just mean the thread...

Posted (edited)

Brought the amp home from our rehearsal space for some tweaking, which provided a nice photo op

brEq6Tw.jpg

Edited by Naigewron
  • Like 3

Had a mess around with this last night just for a bit of silly fun. 

ABM500 with the Lows boosted and highs cut into the 610 and the CTM30 pushed into overdrive and with the lows cut through the 410.

IMG_20200714_201541.jpg

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Painy said:

Had a mess around with this last night just for a bit of silly fun. 

ABM500 with the Lows boosted and highs cut into the 610 and the CTM30 pushed into overdrive and with the lows cut through the 410.

IMG_20200714_201541.jpg

Did you neighbours thank you for the earthquakes?

5 minutes ago, Merton said:

Did you neighbours thank you for the earthquakes?

My mate has a unit on an industrial park that he lets me use to make some noise. My wife would have told me off long before the neighbours did if I was at home! 🙄

• Like 1

New bass day!! - Spector euro LX5 in Matt blue and black. Plays beautifully and looks amazing. Just need to throw it through the matamp at rehearsal next week but sounds great with the genz. 

DSC_0157.thumb.JPG.eaf6c64894ecd94af8f8cddf58d1e2fd.JPG

• Like 3