Why become a member? ×

Show me your 80's LOOKING Basses!

Shockwave

[quote name='Boy Thunder' post='107438' date='Dec 21 2007, 02:55 AM']Check out my Avvie...

When will you sell that to me?... :)

Xlr input and everything... I need to change me pants...[/quote]

I only have 2 basses at the moment so am not parting with that :huh: Plus it was my very first bass so it has some sentimental value added in there too. £150 with a little peavey practice amp! didnt realise what a bargain it was at the time lol! I really need to get the electronics worked on as some of the switches dont work either :huh:

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Wil' post='113648' date='Jan 4 2008, 05:28 PM']This one is on its way from the USA. It should be shipped out Monday, it'll arrive who knows when? I missed the mockingbird I recently sold, so went for another late 80's example with a simpler control layout:

[/quote]

Ah-so you bought this from Mike/EvilGreco

I bought a Warlock from him for the neck and bridge,unfotunately he's too darn picky and there was F*** all wrong with the bass once it arrived so I couldn't split it to resurrect my Ironbird

Your new Mock will have the 100 piece neck,just like my Warlock,SUPER stable necks mate,congrats :)

[quote name='Mr Bassman' post='113845' date='Jan 4 2008, 11:23 PM'][attachment=4570:twin_cropped.jpg][attachment=4569:misc_084.jpg]This one is early to mid 80's
Can't remember the exact year I bought it.[/quote]

Okay, you win. I bet it came with a free overcoat and smoke machine too didn't it?

[quote name='Lorne' post='113755' date='Jan 4 2008, 09:05 PM']Ah-so you bought this from Mike/EvilGreco

I bought a Warlock from him for the neck and bridge,unfotunately he's too darn picky and there was F*** all wrong with the bass once it arrived so I couldn't split it to resurrect my Ironbird

Your new Mock will have the 100 piece neck,just like my Warlock,SUPER stable necks mate,congrats :)[/quote]

Yeah, seems like a top bloke to deal with. Looking forward to getting my mitts on it!

cant remember if these basses where bought in the 80's or early 90's but here goes...

Aria Pro 2 FB series

Washburn XS-4 (I think)

Aria Pro 2 IGB-SPT before 80's HM paint job.

And after its Q5 paint job!
Anyone remember 80's metalers Q5?

Sorry about the rubbish pics.

[quote name='16Again' post='115412' date='Jan 7 2008, 01:37 PM'][/quote]

H/H VS Bassamp combo! I had one just like that - loved the way the front panel glowed green in the dark! :) :huh:

Really will have to take some pics of my 80s disasters for this thread.

Jon.

[quote name='zbigniew' post='120822' date='Jan 15 2008, 02:31 PM']Hi there, I have this Tokai HardPuncher VSB 60 ltd. edition.
It's born in 1982 I believe and the DiMarzio P pickup with white cover makes it very 80's looking too :)

Z[/quote]

Now that I do like!
I never thought I'd pop into an "80's anything" thread and walk off with a semi!

Gorgeous bass mate, very jealous!

Eude

[quote name='eude' post='120839' date='Jan 15 2008, 01:58 PM']Now that I do like!
I never thought I'd pop into an "80's anything" thread and walk off with a semi!

Gorgeous bass mate, very jealous!

Eude[/quote]

Thanks!
I like it much and it satisfies my P-bass needs.
It needs a pro setup though, I hope to have that done soon.

Z

Here's my Jackson 'Kip Winger' bass which, I think, just about counts as late 80's. I've had this bass for an age and I'll never sell it !!

Photo courtesy G.Jones

Kip used to play one of these as well
[quote name='cetera' post='107010' date='Dec 20 2007, 12:20 PM'][/quote]

Nowadays he's got a trans black Warwick Corvette......

Here's my Fullerton 1983 Precision. The colour is a bit lighter than the photo, it's more like ivory. The bass is all original and unmarked - a nice find. This is a great bass coming at the time when Fender were getting their act in order regarding quality control. I suspect that these basses may be the next to rise in price as desirable instruments.

Edited by Hutton

• 3 weeks later...

My '84 Westone Thunder III, bought new in '85.....

[attachment=5512:WTIIIall.JPG]

Still love the sound - especially with the p'ups switched out of phase. The thru-neck played a big part in my decision to buy and if I'm honest it was mostly for aesthetic reasons. But then, back in the era this bass is from thru-necks were a bit rarer than now. :)

Edited by Krysbass