Why become a member? ×

Show me your 80's LOOKING Basses!

Shockwave

I also had a Washburn Bantam Stick bass from Steve Dawson of Saxon, now stolen.

Plus this white Tokai single pick up fretless.
Not sure of the model and I can’t find a serial no but I think it is one of these.

If any one as any more information on about the Tokai I would be interested.

[quote name='Freuds_Cat' post='199288' date='May 15 2008, 08:43 AM']BigRedX that is absolutely beautiful! I hope it sounds as good asit looks , great body shape.[/quote]

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='201387' date='May 18 2008, 09:36 AM']I think I've commented on this picture in the past, but I played one of these in a shop many years ago when I was a student & it was literally the nicest bass I've ever played! I still want one, but haven't found one yet. If you're ever selling this BRX, give me a shout!

Rich.[/quote]

Thanks for the appreciation!

Sound-wise this is a very different beast to the current Overwater basses very much a rock bass. The electronics are a bit weird but they are good for finding the right sound to sit below the guitars. It's a pity that the 80s electronics eat batteries - in regular use I was having to replace them every 8-10 weeks.

TBH these days it doesn't get that much use these days since I got my Gus Basses, but it was my first really good bass and my main instrument through most of the 90s so it has a certain sentimental value, and I'd be reluctant to get rid unless I was offered something VERY special in exchange.

Hamer Scarab (that was) for sale in America!

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HAMER-USA-SCARAB-BASS-Explorer-Destroyer-Flying-V-Z_W0QQitemZ130222721188QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item130222721188&&_trksid=p3286.m63.l1177"]I want one soooo much![/url]

Edited by Merton