Why become a member? ×

The East Anglia Bass Bash

Dood

[u]Updated[/u]
1) Charic - TC Electronics RH450 & RS210 / ACG Finn4 / Upgraded Fender PBass
2) Lonestar - [Setups]
3) Dood - Shuker Singlecut 7 string and Headless 6 string - can also bring Hartke Hydrive and LH1000 - TC Effects and even a couple of MB F1's to listen to.
4)jonunders - G&L l2500, mark bass LM III, barefaced compact.
5)Jacqueslemac - line6 variax
6)Essexbasscat
7)ESharp (F ) - Stingray with Modulus Quantam neck,Lynott-esq Precision,Eden WT400,Epifani 610UL or 410 ul .
8)gicut58
9)Moonbass - can bring EUB
10)Thurbs - ashdown rig + guitars?
11) zero9
12) jonunders tutor (Rob)
13) stag - can share lift / pay in advance?
14) Bobthebassist
15) Stinson
[color="#9932CC"][b]16) Alien - Hartke HA7000, 2x10 cab, couple of basses and some other bits.
Happy to pay upfront, and give a lift to anyone between MK and St Ives, as long as they're not bringing a monster rig :)[/b][/color]

[u]On list but not currently paying in advance[/u]
1) mgibson
2) truckstop - RBX JM1 and Mrs :)
3) bluesparky

I need to be changed on the list!!
I no longer have the Yamaha RBXJM1. It's gona to a very deserving bass collector.
I do, however, have a pretty tasty all white MIM Fender Jazz 5 to bring instead!
Also, I am willing to pay in advance, and also maybe a little extra in case we can't make up numbers.

Cheers

Truckstop

Can pay in advance happily!

Given that Mr V is taking his Hydrives I dotn thinks its necessary for me to bring the SVT610... everyone knows what they do, and I doubt id get it in the car!!!

I shall bring

'72 Gibson Les Paul Bass
'76 Fender Musicmaster

as they are a little more "rare" than my other basses :) And ill bring the SVT5 along if it will fit in the car... cool amp

[quote name='TheRockinRoadie' post='1058692' date='Dec 14 2010, 04:20 PM']So what happens with these bass days?

Do people bring gear along and everyone tries each others stuff out?

I live in Ely, so its not far, but i have a feeling my band practice is on that date.

Cheers
Lorry[/quote]

Hi Lorry,

yes, that's kinda it actually! We all get together, wander around, meet new faces - talk, talk, play, talk and play some more! Some of the bashes have had masterclasses / clinics and visits from well known Luthiers too. I hope that we'll have some people along to do a talk or masterclass for this bash too!

All the bashes I have been to have been brilliant and it's great to hang out with a great bunch of bass players!

Fantastic - sounds good to me! I just hope im free on that sunday, Unfortunately i work most sundays, and band practice when i'm not, so i will have to talk to the guys. I have a few friends locally that might be interested in going aswell.

EDIT: I've just mentioned it to Nick Wells of BGM, he's over this way.

Cheers
L

Edited by TheRockinRoadie

[quote name='TheRockinRoadie' post='1058699' date='Dec 14 2010, 04:30 PM']Fantastic - sounds good to me! I just hope im free on that sunday, Unfortunately i work most sundays, and band practice when i'm not, so i will have to talk to the guys. I have a few friends locally that might be interested in going aswell.

EDIT: I've just mentioned it to Nick Wells of BGM, he's over this way.

Cheers
L[/quote]

Ahhh that'd be great, I met Nick outside the building where BassDay was held whilst on my way to demoing on the Shuker stand. I'd sent him an email recently, but I guess he was a bit busy for a reply! Nice chap, would like to have a gas with him again.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='dood' post='1070151' date='Dec 27 2010, 02:50 PM']Time seems to be slipping by and yes we do need to get that payment in advance. I'll have a PM with Charic as we somehow need to get the money to him so that we can book the hall, I guess.[/quote]
Let me know how I can pay , and by when , and I'll do it . I suspect everyone is in agreement .

This sort of went all cold , and I don't think anyone knew what was happening with this .

Let me know mate , and I'll send it off - Oh and is there anything I can bring . I mean does everyone bring their lunch , or do people club together for a sort of buffet . I know this probably sounds like a knobby question , but after bass , it's my stomach :)

I'm really looking forward to this and happy to pay in advance once instructed.

As mentioned elsewhere in this thread I'm happy to bring my tools along and help anyone with instrument setups and advice for newbies.
Whilst not a professional lutheran (yet :)) I have been working on my own and friends instruments for years and would be pleased to help with re-stringing, intonation, truss rod and action adjustments; bring your own strings.
I may dig out an old but surprisingly playable Hohner Precision copy which has been mouldering away in the back of a dank dark cupboard for years for people to practice on/demonstrate. If anyone else has an old plywood bass or g***ar bring it along to fiddle and fettle.

Mike

Edited by lonestar

Hi guys -

We'll have some 'who to pay' info' shortly I hope. Charic is being a top geeza and looking in to it.
In the meantime - we still need definite numbers of who is happy to pay up front so that we can get the hall in the first place.

Here's the list so far, copied from Alien's last post:

Updated
1) Charic - TC Electronics RH450 & RS210 / ACG Finn4 / Upgraded Fender PBass
2) Lonestar - [Setups]
3) Dood - Shuker Singlecut 7 string and Headless 6 string - can also bring Hartke Hydrive and LH1000 - TC Effects and even a couple of MB F1's to listen to.
4)jonunders - G&L l2500, mark bass LM III, barefaced compact.
5)Jacqueslemac - line6 variax
6)Essexbasscat
7)ESharp (F ) - Stingray with Modulus Quantam neck,Lynott-esq Precision,Eden WT400,Epifani 610UL or 410 ul .
8)gicut58
9)Moonbass - can bring EUB
10)Thurbs - ashdown rig + guitars?
11) zero9
12) jonunders tutor (Rob)
13) stag - can share lift / pay in advance?
14) Bobthebassist
15) Stinson
16) Alien - Hartke HA7000, 2x10 cab, couple of basses and some other bits.
Happy to pay upfront, and give a lift to anyone between MK and St Ives, as long as they're not bringing a monster rig

On list but not currently paying in advance
1) mgibson
2) truckstop - RBX JM1 and Mrs
3) bluesparky