Why become a member? ×

The East Anglia Bass Bash

Dood

[quote name='Stag' post='946691' date='Sep 5 2010, 09:10 PM']Does this mean we have to take my SVT in the car Dan?

Did i mention that I have an SVT

An SVT!

yes, an SVT.

SVT.

Yes.

SVT.[/quote]

I have a car, not a bus lol! :) Dood's stack will need to fit in too! - Actually - I reckon both will - if we're careful!

hang on - you did say SVT - nahhhh... we're deluded as bass players - no SVTs in the Bass Bash lol lol lol

[quote name='Stag' post='946691' date='Sep 5 2010, 09:10 PM']Does this mean we have to take my SVT in the car Dan?

Did i mention that I have an SVT

An SVT!

yes, an SVT.

SVT.

Yes.

SVT.[/quote]
A tvr you say? Nice cars them, I thought you said svt but quickly rethunk it, sorry if that courses offence! :)

[quote name='essexbasscat' post='950021' date='Sep 8 2010, 10:31 PM']Any progress on venues for this bash ??

T[/quote]

Nothing forthcoming here right now - I don't know Cambridge well enough..err.. barely at all to be honest!

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='charic' post='980785' date='Oct 7 2010, 06:07 PM']Busy time eh? I'll ask around although some idea of budget would be ideal.[/quote]

Well, the budget would be simple to work out really. Much like the other Bass Bashes that have run - It has been a case of charging say a tenner on the door and the 'hire' gets taken out of the kitty and the rest of the money goes to a charity of choice, which I think is a great idea. Then it's just down to getting enough people to come to make it a worthwhile do - Which as far as I can tell, has never been a problem!!!

Cambridge to me seems like a good place to do the bash - I really don't mind the hour trip down the road.. especially in comparison to the rather gruelling trip to Bass Day over in Manchester! 3.5hrs more like!

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='essexbasscat' post='1004141' date='Oct 28 2010, 05:49 PM']One white haired, arthritic bass player says to the other;

"Do you remember, before we started collecting our pension, there was going to be an Anglia bass bash" ?

"Huh" ?[/quote]

lol, sadly I'm not in a position to do the arranging for the immediate future so if you fine peeps in the Cambs area are able to rustle up some possible venues, that'd be reet greet. Anyone have any updates?

[url="http://www.miltonvillage.org.uk/opus143.html"]http://www.miltonvillage.org.uk/opus143.html[/url]

[url="http://www.barhillvillagehall.btik.com/"]http://www.barhillvillagehall.btik.com/[/url]

Found these two, could be ok. I was also thinking maybe having a south east bassbash next year in my local village hall. Its even got a stage and Piano! and the pub is across the road. We used it for band practice great sounding hall, got kitchen for all food and drinks. Would be cheap to hire for the day, will find out soon. By the way its in husborne Crawley, Beds.

Cheers,

Robbie.

Edited by RIM Basses

That bar hill village hall looks very promising!
£125 + VAT (so about £150) for 9am-5pm
so 15 people at £10 a ticket could cover it... rest could go charity of choice.

Scratch all that, that weekday prices. Weekend seems to only cover 6pm-1am which is £200 plus £200 damages deposit (refunded later)

Right! I just widened my search a little (St Ives about 30mins down the road from Cambridge). Slepe Hall seems pretty damn good imo.

Would people be willing to travel this far? Were talking £250 for the Hall all day, optional food (finger snacks but we can organise for more) aswell as a bar in the hall!

Can anyone interested in getting involved in the organisation get in touch with me via pm so we dont crowd this thread?

25 people at £10 each covers this and rest could go to charity