Why become a member? ×

The East Anglia Bass Bash

Dood

[quote name='allighatt0r' post='944722' date='Sep 3 2010, 04:58 PM']dood started the topic so he obviously instantly assumes leadership and full organizational responsibilities. :)[/quote]

oh crap... lolz. If I do, I'm gonna need a bit of help from those who know the local area better - and mebbe some help from guys who have arranged the bass bashes before so I know what to expect from likely venues re: cost/cover etc.

[quote name='charic' post='944298' date='Sep 3 2010, 10:18 AM']What have I missed?[/quote]

Have a look at the London Bass Bash 2010, where the whole committee thing was chosen, then dumped. As a result, the whole thing went down to votes for practically everything. As a result, the whole process took nearly five to six months.

After that experience, I almost took a blood oath never to do that approach again to one of these events.

I'll be happy to share my experiences and help out where I can with anyone that takes up the job of organising this one. However, I don't want to end up solely responsible for doing this one, the last one was only a month or two ago !

T

[quote name='essexbasscat' post='944916' date='Sep 3 2010, 08:20 PM']the last one was only a month or two ago !

T[/quote]

Best we leave it a few months so they're not too close together? - I'm fine with telling people whats gonna happen if we have a decent venue. Like - anyone who sits on their own amp slap bassing the sh*t out of their own instrument all afternoon with no thought for anyone else, like a certain person did at a previous bash, will get ejected!! lol lol - I am, as you can see <<<<<< fitted with lazers!

[quote name='dood' post='944971' date='Sep 3 2010, 09:29 PM']Best we leave it a few months so they're not too close together? - I'm fine with telling people whats gonna happen if we have a decent venue. Like - anyone who sits on their own amp slap bassing the sh*t out of their own instrument all afternoon with no thought for anyone else, like a certain person did at a previous bash, will get ejected!! lol lol - I am, as you can see <<<<<< fitted with lazers![/quote]

Would it be a problem if an Anglia bash happened soon after the London one ? different folks are likely to go, so quick repetition may not be an issue ?

If the venue is chosen carefully, volume problems can be minimised by thoughtful, planned, amp placement

T

[quote name='essexbasscat' post='944991' date='Sep 3 2010, 09:57 PM']Would it be a problem if an Anglia bash happened soon after the London one ? different folks are likely to go, so quick repetition may not be an issue ?[/quote]

Point taken! I think we'd get some people from further north too.

[quote name='essexbasscat' post='944991' date='Sep 3 2010, 09:57 PM']If the venue is chosen carefully, volume problems can be minimised by thoughtful, planned, amp placement

T[/quote]
...and torture.

[quote name='Bottle' post='940359' date='Aug 30 2010, 08:50 PM']Me too - I'm in

I'll see if the main auditorium in the Perse Girls school in Cambridge is free - any idea which day people would be gunning for? I ask because the church I go to hires the hall on a Sunday morning

HTH, Ian[/quote]

The perse or one of the other school halls would be excellent if anyone has a contact or connection.
There are also quite a few church halls around the city i should think.

[quote name='essexbasscat' post='945035' date='Sep 3 2010, 10:41 PM']Of course, there would have to be a reserved room for the SVT rigs......

T[/quote]

I think SVTs are gonna get mentioned a lot now! ha ha ha!! made me lol that did!

[quote name='bluesparky' post='945470' date='Sep 4 2010, 04:06 PM']Am i missing something or is it an in-joke?
:)[/quote]

try the 'you can't beat an all valve head' thread. Make sure you have coffee and pain meds handy, it's currently at 20 pages and still running !

T

Edited by essexbasscat