Why become a member? ×

The East Anglia Bass Bash

Dood

GB Rumour. 'Nuff said!
But yes, nice to meet people and have a good chat. A couple of 'firsts' for me. Had never played a Rickenbacker, a Warwick, a Gibson or an EUB before sunday. Great fun!

And thanks to Ricky for sorting it all out for us and supplying a tub of Celebrations. I might have nipped in and grabbed a few Teasers. Sorry.

See you all next time!

Ah yes... the Staglight :)

My current ideas for the next bash to generate more interest:
- More notice :)
- Get atleast one shop along, already have one lined up
- Get a 'big name' along if possible and advertise that as part of it
- A gig following the bash (preferably with BC members bands), between 3 and 5 bands and allowing access to the general public
- Possibly recording the gig aswell
- A seminar or two (not an entire day) and atleast one of which could be dedicated to the mix and match equipment tests
- A journalist present if they take interest, bass guitar magazine etc as well as local papers

[attachment=68435:IMAG0093.jpg]
[attachment=68436:IMAG0094.jpg]
[attachment=68437:IMAG0095.jpg]
[attachment=68438:IMAG0097.jpg]
[attachment=68439:IMAG0098.jpg]
[attachment=68440:IMAG0099.jpg]
[attachment=68441:IMAG0100.jpg]
[attachment=68442:IMAG0101.jpg]

Once again a big thanks to all who came along and helped to make this a success. We met the cost of the hall and made £18.16 profit so I will donate £20 to the nordoff robbins charity and hope that we can do even better next time!

Edited by charic

[quote name='Truckstop' post='1085278' date='Jan 11 2011, 11:10 AM']GB Rumour. 'Nuff said!
But yes, nice to meet people and have a good chat. A couple of 'firsts' for me. Had never played a Rickenbacker, a Warwick, a Gibson or an EUB before sunday. Great fun!

And thanks to Ricky for sorting it all out for us and supplying a tub of Celebrations. I might have nipped in and grabbed a few Teasers. Sorry.

See you all next time![/quote]

The celebrations weren't me :) the biccies and the tea, coffee & squash were. Incidentally nobody ever did open the hobnobs :)

[quote name='jonunders' post='1085373' date='Jan 11 2011, 12:30 PM']I'm responsible for the celebrations and leaving behind the extension socket.

Jonathan[/quote]

Will you be in the area anytime soon, the celebrations are pretty much gone but the extension socket only has a few bite marks :)

First time I've been on my PC since Sunday! Thanks to everyone for a great day.

Let's get the next one in the calendar soon.

I went from the Bas Bash to band practice and I think the two guitarists in my band were a bit miffed that we hadn't spent the day talking about how "our" guitarists wind us up. They're not used to not being the centre of attention!

Note to self: Next time, bring some stands.

And a name badge. I've forgotten everyone's name too, atlhough I do have a couple of names scribbled on a bit of paper.

Dave.C - Thanks again for the flats. I'll let you know as soon as I've fitted them.

[quote name='Jacqueslemac' post='1086012' date='Jan 11 2011, 08:21 PM']First time I've been on my PC since Sunday! Thanks to everyone for a great day.

Dave.C - Thanks again for the flats. I'll let you know as soon as I've fitted them.[/quote]
Yeah that was a really nice gesture .

There's a good comunity on here , and the Bashes just highlight that even more .

[quote name='charic' post='1086261' date='Jan 11 2011, 11:53 PM']As for a date for the next one I am going to see when the other basses are landing. I'm thinking 6 monthsish? Would anyone like to be involved with the organising?

Also I almost a big thanks to essexbasscat for all your help :)[/quote]

Very welcome and yes I'd lend a hand for the next one :)

• 3 months later...

Hey LBD :)

I'm probably going to try plan this one for early next year. Got some fairly big plans in the making for this one which I shall reveal as soon as I have a little more solid information around it all.

Thanks for the interest,
As with all above I will contact you via pm as a heads up as you have shown interest here.

Rik

• 2 months later...

Thanks for reminding me! I keep meaning to get around to start "properly" organising this one although I know have a few more solid plans:

[b][u]Rough plan as it stands[/u][/b]
Stalls (shops etc advertising their wares ) hoping to get at least one luthier along too [i](if your interested in having a stall please drop me a PM)[/i]

10:00-14:00 Bass Bash as Usual (lets make some noise!!!)
14:00-15:00ish Sit down chat with a "name" bassist [i](not worked out who or how yet though :) had some ideas but one looks like it may of fallen through)[/i]
15:00-17:00 More Noise (and photo's)
17:00-18:00 Tidy up ... and set up [i](for what you ask???? Nosey gits ain't ya :))[/i]
19:00 Sound Check!!!!
20:00 - 00:00 Gig!!!!!!! [i](Hopefully starring multiple BC based bands, if you would like to be involved drop me a PM with a link to your band please)[/i]

Venue may be the same although I need to do some thorough investigation, cost should be similar to last year (for the full day including the gig).
Gig will hopefully be open to the public too (tickets on door).

All profits to go to [url="http://www.nordoff-robbins.org.uk/"]Nordoff Robbins[/url]

I think that's the lot... :lol:

Edited by charic

[quote name='charic' post='1320073' date='Jul 29 2011, 09:08 AM']Any feedback / volunteers for any parts of this?

I will probably start planning in anger sometime next week.[/quote]

Good man Charic Happy to help where I can. any thoughts on dates yet ?