Why become a member? ×

The East Anglia Bass Bash

Dood

You sir should be disgraced with yourself :)

I'm going to make my apologies for the lack of organisation now rather than later. I have decided this is almost to be a "dry run" and may try putting on a new and improved version in maybe 6months or so time. Especially as I already have interest from some people :)

I look forward to seeing as many of you there as possible.

Rik

[quote name='charic' post='1082425' date='Jan 8 2011, 06:38 PM']You sir should be disgraced with yourself :)

I'm going to make my apologies for the lack of organisation now rather than later. I have decided this is almost to be a "dry run" and may try putting on a new and improved version in maybe 6months or so time. Especially as I already have interest from some people :)

I look forward to seeing as many of you there as possible.

Rik[/quote]

Rik, I think you've done a grand job! I think we're gonna have a great day!

Well done Rik for organising this :) Good venue with a quite space to relax and chat, very handy.

Had a great time meeting everyone today, some really good players there as well.

Some interesting A/B comparisions too with an LM111, an Eden WT400 Traveler and Barfaced cab (single 15 if I remember correctly), tested with a Rickenbacker (Cheers Rob), a Warwick Double buck (thanks James) my Goodfellow and a five string Jazz played by Truckstop. The LM111 won the vote for most appropriate pairing with the BF cab. A big thank you to everyone that contributed the amps / cab.

There was even an NS upright on a stand that quite a few people played - everyone enjoyed that one.

Now have GAS for an Eden WT400 Traveler and an Epifani 4x10 cab (talking myself into believing I can cope with the bulk), that combination is just nice, warm and versatile. Spot on.

Look forward to the next one ! :)

T

Edited by essexbasscat

And I'm home after trying to 'steal' a free dinner from the hotel :), thanks to [u]everyone[/u] for making this a great day. Rest assured there will be more of these to come and there are big plans in the making! [b]Watch this space[/b]

I will try to upload pics tomorrow although I believe Dood has more than me.

Rik

[quote name='essexbasscat' post='1083476' date='Jan 9 2011, 07:28 PM']Now have GAS for an Eden WT400 Traveler and an Epifani 4x10 cab (talking myself into believing I can cope with the bulk), that combination is just nice, warm and versatile. Spot on.

T[/quote]
Yeah sorry about that , it's all my fault :) It is a good combination , and the 410 is one of the lightest around .

Just a thanks for Rik for organising it all - though I'm glad no one came into the toilets whilst I was handing over that money to you ... I mean , I know we're all brothers and all , but someone might have got the wrong idea :D

Sorry I didn't get to speak to everyone there , and to those that I did , I can safely say that I've forgotten your names already - memory like a sieve . Name tags and monikers next time I think .

Spent some quality time with some great people , what more can you ask for . Though I'd have liked to stay longer , but it's the only day off in the week that I have free , so had to make a bit of a concession to wife and kids .

Mainly only tried Dave's Vigier , and got sort of swept up in it a bit . Other nice basses there expensive and cheap , but I'm blinded by graphite through and through . V bass was good fun .

Always a pleasure to catch up with His Royal Highness - The Dood of Hethersett , and playing through His rig (probably be different at the next bash :lol: ) . It's nice that a TV star can still mix it with the general public :) . Good to see ya mate .

All in all a good day , look forward to the next one .

Free dinner what? Where? Is it still available ? I'll drive back it's only 40 mins away.
Thanks very much Charic and all the rest of you for a grand day out, the chance to try some lovely gear and to meet you all.
I hope that the ACG continues to play nicely for you Charic and next time I'll come prepared to deliver my fascinating and exciting talk about allen keys and feeler gauges.
Speaking of gas Now I just need to persuade Mrs Lonestar why I need a NS EUB, a Stingray 5 and a Rickenbacker. Anyone got a spare room free just in case ? I may need it once I'm discharged from casualty.

Hey all!! What a fantastic day! Great to meet some new 'chatters and to put some forum IDs to faces! I've just uploaded all the 'good' pics that were taken with my camera. There's a few that didn't come out too well, so sorry.. I've left those out!

Some real highlights of the day and some GREAT bass chats going on around the room! Andy 'Alien' playing 'Enter Sandman' on the NS upright whilst Steve 'Stag' gave the rock horns was a true moment to behold! - Yes, I admit, that was me trying to slap and tap the NS too... Somethings, as peverse as they may seem, just have to be tried!! (Actresses and Bishops, etc etc)

Well done Charic for arranging the venue and sorting tea and biccies - you can't lose with 'tea and coffee making facilities' - but you can lose with trying to get a free dinner eh??? ;o) Comedy gold!

Excellent day all round - thanks Charic. Nice to meet you all, although I am now having to give some intensive counselling to my WAV4 EUB that now thinks it's joined Metallica! Also getting increasing GAS for an Eden rig... Damn it's warm punchiness! Hope we can do it again soon.
Andy

Edited by moonbass

Hi guys, it was great to put names to faces.

I was quite surprised at the shapes and sizes kit came in. From 8x5” to a featherweight 15” and everything in-between. There are also some nice guitars out there with some cool features and great tones.

I am looking forward to the next one!

[quote name='Stag' post='1084117' date='Jan 10 2011, 12:32 PM']Oh and something else I learned that day - TC Electronics 2x10's are seriously loud... and I rock so much I break lightbulbs! lol[/quote]

I heard the bulb hit the floor... hmmm, had to be you really!!!!