Hi , thought I'd let you know about the Squier Classic Vibe Jazz above. I've had it a week now and these are my thoughts - (I A/B'd it with my Mayones Jabba for comparison)
1. It is not flawless but it is pretty much faultless (minor discolouration on the left side of the nut, about 2mm wide was all I could find)
2. The neck is super comfortable and pretty fast, one of the most comfortable necks I've played if I'm honest - that said the fingerboard feels a bit "dry", although if you have calluses (don't we all?) I can't see this being significant
3. Playability is superb, it plays itself to be honest and in this respect, yes I think you can believe the hype.
4. Amplified is where the jaw-drop moment comes for me, it sounds fantastic, but not subtle, some might find it a bit too lively
5. No, it doesn't feel like a 3 grand bass, but it could pass for a 1k bass, that said it doesn't match up to the Jabba across the board.
6. This bass is a ton of fun and I've hardly had it out of my hands since I got it, maybe that's more important than being boutique?
7. I WILL be playing it at my next gig.
Fill your boots!