Why become a member? ×

Awesome Japanese Girl Bassist

spacecowboy

I think it's probably a guy...... This video looks more 'boyish'...............

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHMrTtRxtM8&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHMrTtRxtM8...feature=related[/url]

He/She is decent,but incredible? I don't think so.

Bits of it certainly are.

The thing that struck me was my complete inability to read any signage. I'm typically British in my foreign language proficiency (i.e. hopeless) but at least when travelling around Europe you can read signs and stuff and even have a go at pronouncing the words, even if you don't know what they mean. But Japanese is just squiggles to the uninitiated. Quite disconcerting at first.

[quote name='flyfisher' post='925123' date='Aug 14 2010, 07:29 PM']Bits of it certainly are.

The thing that struck me was my complete inability to read any signage. I'm typically British in my foreign language proficiency (i.e. hopeless) but at least when travelling around Europe you can read signs and stuff and even have a go at pronouncing the words, even if you don't know what they mean. But Japanese is just squiggles to the uninitiated. Quite disconcerting at first.[/quote]

In my case Japanese is the only language other than English that I know. So it's all been de-squiggleised.

Pretty much any Japanese girl with a bass is hot. Check Miki from Supercar or Fumi from Polysics (both Yamaha SBV users). Shiina Ringo even assembled a whole band of girl bassists for one of her musical projects.

Japan is a totally amazing place. IMO it's not quite as cutting edge futuristic as it was 10 years ago, but if you go to Shinjuku on a rainy evening you'll still get that Bladerunner vibe!

I have to say that I had no problem navigating around Japan even on my first visit when I spoke or read no Japanese. You have to get pretty far off the beaten track before the signs no longer have Romaji (Roman character phonetic equivalents) on them as well as the Kanji.

Edited by BigRedX

love to view it but at the mo' im at my bro's house looking after his dog for 2 weeks whilst he holidays. He wierd computer monitor goes to sleep mode' and wont 'wake up' again anytime i go to a page with videos playing?!

No idea whats the matter there but glad its not my computer.

[quote name='daz' post='925258' date='Aug 14 2010, 06:22 PM']love to view it but at the mo' im at my bro's house looking after his dog for 2 weeks whilst he holidays. He wierd computer monitor goes to sleep mode' and wont 'wake up' again anytime i go to a page with videos playing?!

No idea whats the matter there but glad its not my computer.[/quote]

Perhaps this issue can be resolved. Some detailed answers please:

What is..?

- the computer's operating system type and version number
- the exact make & model # of the display card and computer (or mainboard, if it's a home-built PC or a clone)
- the exact make & model # of the computer's power supply
- the exact make & model # of the monitor

Thank you.