Why become a member? ×

so what is everyone hoping to get for xmas this year !!! ?

suicidal_lemming

There's nothing I need. I've let it be known that I'm not fussed about presents, but if people do want to get me something, charity presents (chcieken for African villages, etc...), Amazon vouchers or money would be very much appreciated.

I don't want

chocolate, especially After Eights, Terrys chocolate oranges or Benedicts Mints.
books on cockney rhyming slang.
Viz annuals.
Novelty calendar or any calendar for that matter as I use my smartphone for everything.
2008 diary for the reason above.
After shave.

I've made it clear that next year, I'm only buying presents for people's kids and I'll use the money I've saved on tat for the grown ups to get them something that really counts.

[quote name='Buzz' post='101801' date='Dec 9 2007, 05:27 PM']What I want:

A time machine, or at least something that stops time for a period.

What I'll be getting:

Money, chocolate, chocolate money, probably underwear and a few items of clothing.[/quote]

I realised that if I had a time machine that could freeze time for an hour or something, I'd use it for a lie-in almost every morning. Possibly because I am posting pointess crad on internet forums at half twelve instead of sleeping then.

Not expecting a very material-heavy Christmas in the Stephens household this year. What I'm really hoping for is:

- To spend some time catching up with one of my favourite people in the whole wide world, who I haven't seen in four months
- To spend some proper time with my family after three and a half months at university
- To have some good old fashioned, bring the house down-style gigs while all various band members in the same place for a change
- To have all the tracks for my (other) band's first EP all nice and recorded

And finally:

- To drink enough Bucks Fizz at breakfast to get trollied by lunchtime, then eat so much I explode

Perfect.

[quote name='bassbloke' post='101910' date='Dec 9 2007, 09:17 PM']There's nothing I need. I've let it be known that I'm not fussed about presents, but if people do want to get me something, charity presents (chcieken for African villages, etc...), Amazon vouchers or money would be very much appreciated.

I don't want

chocolate, especially After Eights, Terrys chocolate oranges or Benedicts Mints.
books on cockney rhyming slang.
Viz annuals.
Novelty calendar or any calendar for that matter as I use my smartphone for everything.
2008 diary for the reason above.
After shave.

I've made it clear that next year, I'm only buying presents for people's kids and I'll use the money I've saved on tat for the grown ups to get them something that really counts.[/quote]

An admirable attitude. After all, we're grownups now, so if we need/want something we can get it ourselves, or if the money's short we can wait. What irks me most are the presents given for the sake of giving presents -- tat, as you rightly say.

[quote name='R,5,R,5...' post='102008' date='Dec 10 2007, 07:53 AM']An admirable attitude. After all, we're grownups now, so if we need/want something we can get it ourselves, or if the money's short we can wait. What irks me most are the presents given for the sake of giving presents -- tat, as you rightly say.[/quote]
+1 One Christmas I was inundated with so many toiletries (aka "stinkies") that I might as well have opened my own branch of Boots. I mean, was there a message in all of that?!

[quote name='JoeS' post='101979' date='Dec 10 2007, 01:12 AM']And finally:

- To drink enough Bucks Fizz at breakfast to get trollied by lunchtime, then eat so much I explode

Perfect.[/quote]

AHA! Another believer in the Christmas day Bucks Fizz bonanza!

Gotta love the stuff.

[quote name='NancyJohnson' post='102321' date='Dec 10 2007, 06:55 PM']Right now I couldn't care less for presents...so I'd like it to snow. Or at the very least be frosty.
P[/quote]
It'll be frosty in my house if I get pi**ed at breakfast this Christmas. :)