Why become a member? ×

Jon Shuker 6 string headless sig bass.

Dood

[quote name='dood' post='451516' date='Apr 1 2009, 01:19 PM']I am a definte convertee to the world of headless! *thinks for a moment* hmmm.. headless 7 string??? NO DAN! ha ha ha[/quote]

You'll be looking to offload that tatty old headed thing then?
Swap for a Hohner mate?

[quote name='OldGit' post='451533' date='Apr 1 2009, 02:28 PM']You'll be looking to offload that tatty old headed thing then?
Swap for a Hohner mate?[/quote]

Deal! is it one of those 'Steinberger' type ones? They're lovely! - he he he - I don't think I could even contemplate partling with my 7 string.. or indeed the Baby Doodle. I think I have arrived at bass Nirvana!

[quote name='steve' post='451765' date='Apr 1 2009, 05:39 PM']The bass looks great Dood, very elegant - I'm looking forward to seeing some outdoor pics.[/quote]

Thank you! - I haven't been able to get out this week to take some pics, maybe this weekend.

[quote name='7string' post='452732' date='Apr 2 2009, 08:55 PM']Very cool and well worth the wait (and the teasing!) :)[/quote]

OOoooh! wasn't it just! There were times when I was pulling at my hair hoping it would be ready. The last week was absolute madness! But the more I play it, the more it is totally untouchable by any other bass I have ever played. REALLY kicks ass!!!

[quote name='Spoombung' post='453026' date='Apr 3 2009, 10:02 AM']lovely looking neck on that bass. I've never played a Shuker. Are they any good? :)[/quote]

Thank you! Well.. ya know.. it was either a Shuker or a stick, some string and a cardboard box... but I didn't have the skills for the latter ;o)

IMHO they are the best basses on the planet.

[quote name='dood' post='453133' date='Apr 3 2009, 11:18 AM']Thank you! Well.. ya know.. it was either a Shuker or a stick, some string and a cardboard box... but I didn't have the skills for the latter ;o)[/quote]

Im not into extended range basses at all (I only own 4's) and thought that the neck on the previous Doodle would be a "bit much" for me.

But actually it was awesome. Fast, clean and really great to hold. So there's an unbiased view of a Shuker neck - they are pure quality!

[quote name='wizbat' post='450144' date='Mar 31 2009, 12:09 AM']That looks fantastic dood!
All the best Shukers have green LEDs [/quote]
Apart from the ones that have orange LEDs 

Edited by Rich

Ha ha ha!! I love you guys! you crack me up!!!

As it happens, I am due to do a proper video for Jon and some high quality audio clips too that I will be putting 'out there' (on my page on Jon's site too) so that my little babies can be seen in action! I am conscious that the quality of you tube videos generally suck.. so I will be making available a download video as well as the you tube ones.

Here's Doodle in action.. This is my LickLibrary 'sting'. There are no amps sims on the audio, just effects on the different bass parts.

All your bass are belong to us!

{edit} blimey!!! Just noticed - I've lost a lot of weight since that one!!!}

[quote name='dood' post='461983' date='Apr 14 2009, 12:08 PM']Well, didn't have any great weather to get those pictures done I'm afraid... I'll get them up as soon as I have a free moment and the sun peeps out.[/quote]
make sure you take some of the contours, especially the edge - where I am reliably informed the flip paint has come out really well! :)

• 1 month later...

[attachment=26673:demovideo.WMV]

I was having a little play around with some pictures earlier.. errrr... 'unedited' .. and decided as a bit of fun I would knock up a quick video for you all to see the amazing flip paint in action. This is just a first go, so look out for a better, more polished version!!!

Lemme know what you think!

kk, tried it again and I can play it ok. Try right clicking, 'save as' then running the avi direct from your hard drive (if you are a PC user) - should default to open in Media Player. Mac Users?? Dunno mate! Anything that can play AVI files.

[quote name='charic' post='508872' date='Jun 9 2009, 10:50 AM']P.S. How do I get that good on bass lol[/quote]

It was my scandinavian stunt double, Van Deall ;o)

Nice indeed, but I'm hankering after some live video with sound instead of a slideshow :) Any chance you could record a sneaky little video of you playing along to some Within The Void stuff on your new Baby Doodle?