Why become a member? ×

Jon Shuker 6 string headless sig bass.

Dood

[quote name='dood' post='448927' date='Mar 29 2009, 08:20 PM']Hey everyone!!!

Ok, got back late last night and had to be out again today, so as yet i haven't had a chance to get the camera out. We went up to Shukerland yesterday and had a fantastic day up at the workshop with Jon. I do indeed have my Baby Doodle in my grubby mits now. It is absolutely flawless. It is, without any shadow of doubt the best bass I have ever played or owned - and boy have I played a lot of amazing instruments. I can not put in to words how pleased I am! The finish, the build, the playability..everything!

When I get a nice bit of weather outside I will take some pictures of both basses together for you all to see.

Jon's surprise was totally worth waiting for and it is perfect!! I love it! - You'll see it soon!

I can also confirm that no chisels slipped in the making of this amazing instrument!

Sorry to keep you waiting a little longer![/quote]

You big tease you :) :rolleyes:

The pictures below are a few that Jon sent me prior to collecting Baby Doodle. As you can see, even in these small pictures, the effect of the flip paint is fantastic. Jon has worked on producing some really sumptious curves all round the bass to make an ergonomic and aesthetically pleasing instrument. It is sooooo comfortable and effortless.

Expect some more pics soon!

[attachment=23006:DSC_1468.jpg]
[attachment=23007:DSC_1471.jpg]
[attachment=23008:DSC_1472.jpg]
[attachment=23009:DSC_1465.jpg]

[quote name='Rich' post='449229' date='Mar 30 2009, 09:29 AM']I've managed to get hold of a proper pic of the bass from Jon, and here it is... Dood's new headless purple 6-string in all its glory...
[/quote]

Coffee>Keyboard
:) :rolleyes: :D ;) :lol: !!!!!!!!!!!!! ok I admit it... this is my new 6 string!

[quote name='dood' post='449224' date='Mar 30 2009, 08:26 AM']The pictures below are a few that Jon sent me prior to collecting Baby Doodle. As you can see, even in these small pictures, the effect of the flip paint is fantastic. Jon has worked on producing some really sumptious curves all round the bass to make an ergonomic and aesthetically pleasing instrument. It is sooooo comfortable and effortless.

[attachment=23009:DSC_1465.jpg][/quote]

Oh Ok is that it?

Looks crap.

:)

Hi guys!!!

Well, I've had a mo' to get the camera out quickly! - I'm afraid the light was really bad, so the paint doesn't look as good as I would have liked to have shown you. Don't worry though, I'll be taking photographs of this one and my seven string together later in the week when it is sunny. The flip paint looks amazing in natural sun light.

So, without furtha ahhh-doooo... Here is Baby Doodle! :wub:

[attachment=23053:DSC_0012.JPG]

[attachment=23054:DSC_0017.JPG]

And for the surprise... I think I need to do a closer pic so it can be seen better, but I love it.. tastefully OTT YEAH!!

[attachment=23056:DSC_0019.JPG]

[attachment=23057:DSC_0020.JPG]

[quote name='dood' post='449224' date='Mar 30 2009, 09:26 AM']The pictures below are a few that Jon sent me prior to collecting Baby Doodle. As you can see, even in these small pictures, the effect of the flip paint is fantastic. Jon has worked on producing some really sumptious curves all round the bass to make an ergonomic and aesthetically pleasing instrument. It is sooooo comfortable and effortless.

[attachment=23009:DSC_1465.jpg][/quote]

Actually, look at these pics close up to see the flip better, until I have got better ones together.

[quote name='Johngh' post='449978' date='Mar 30 2009, 09:39 PM']Stunning Dood my friend, can't wait to see the photo's in the sun. Be good to get photo's of Baby Doodle, Blondie and CK''s headless together as well.

Looks like Jon's done it again. He never fails. Superb.

Just noticed the LEDs. Love em ![/quote]

Thank you for the kind words John! Yes, that sounds like a great idea! I'm doing some proper photographs for Jon with both of my basses together, mebbe get them up on my page on Jon's website. I'd LOVE to get all three of our headless basses together. I think Jon would love some of those pics too!

The LEDs were such a nice surprise! Really wasn't expecting that! - It's a nice simple design that has carried over both basses.. I guess this one is made to be noticed! lol ;o) Yeah, Love it!

I assume that this lovely weather we're having in Essex stretches as far as Norfolk? Where are the final pics ready to transfer this thread from the 'Build' to 'p0rn' forum?

Dan, I hear from my buddies back in Norwich that you're playing in a covers band again. Have you got a link to your gig list? I will try to pop back up one weekend if you're playing The Brickies or somewhere similar.

[quote name='peted' post='451286' date='Apr 1 2009, 11:04 AM']I assume that this lovely weather we're having in Essex stretches as far as Norfolk? Where are the final pics ready to transfer this thread from the 'Build' to 'p0rn' forum?

Dan, I hear from my buddies back in Norwich that you're playing in a covers band again. Have you got a link to your gig list? I will try to pop back up one weekend if you're playing The Brickies or somewhere similar.[/quote]

Hi Pete, I'm afraid you've hear that news a bit too late! I have been concentrating solely on Within The Void and recently left the covers band I was playing in, now that the Void are getting busier with material.

Thank you everyone for the kind messages. I am very excited about my new Bass! Yes, the weather up here is nice, mebbe get a bit of time later to get the camera out again! You really need to see the finish!

I am defintely wanting to be at the next bass bash. Bass Day is on the cards too, where I will without a doubt be on the Shuker stand with both of my amazing basses.

Jon has asked for some sound samples, so I will pull my finger out and do some new ones.. mebbe a little video and an update to my page on his website. I have also been playing some of the newest band material on my headless and have to say that it sounds awesome! I think, already I am a definte convertee to the world of headless! *thinks for a moment* hmmm.. headless 7 string??? NO DAN! ha ha ha

Not really, I think I am going to be very happy with this pair! Expect pics soon, and thanks again.

Dood.