Why become a member? ×

Jon Shuker 6 string headless sig bass.

Dood

Any chance of a favour, those chaps who are visiting Jon tomorrow?

I've been really good and not asked him for updates and just let him get on with building mine, but is there any chance one of you could snap a few pics of my half finished bass?

It's a single-cut, 33inch, black walnut body, massur birch top, maple neck, ebony or rosewood fingerboard (whatever he decided). i think that should be enough info to recognise it. Thanks in advance.

Peace,
Rob

[quote name='RobEvansBass' post='446267' date='Mar 26 2009, 06:15 PM']Any chance of a favour, those chaps who are visiting Jon tomorrow?

I've been really good and not asked him for updates and just let him get on with building mine, but is there any chance one of you could snap a few pics of my half finished bass?

It's a single-cut, 33inch, black walnut body, massur birch top, maple neck, ebony or rosewood fingerboard (whatever he decided). i think that should be enough info to recognise it. Thanks in advance.

Peace,
Rob[/quote]

me too! Mines the dark purple one with the handle in the body, and an ebony fret board.

Edited by MacDaddy

[quote name='MacDaddy' post='446325' date='Mar 26 2009, 07:10 PM']me too! Mines the dark purple one with the handle in the body, and an ebony fret board.

Hi, if i could get in on this, mines the scroll bass, black walnut, dont know what else has been done so would really appreciate the pics :rolleyes:

[quote name='RobEvansBass' post='446797' date='Mar 27 2009, 12:45 AM']haha, my bad, i didn't mean to start a 'thing.' I got an update from Jon this evening so no worries about getting those pics. i can last a while with the pics he has just sent me.

Peace,
Rob[/quote]

me too! :)

[quote name='RobEvansBass' post='446937' date='Mar 27 2009, 09:38 AM']No worries, as i said, he sent me an update last night, thought it was a long shot anyway.

Peace,
Rob[/quote]

Rob, I see you are in Manchester on your profile. I wondered if it'd be as easy to pop over and see him when he is in? Not that far right?

Looks like I'll be up there saturday! Wooo!

Dood.

OOOOOHHH!!!!!!! More teasing!! Note the new flip paint finish!

[attachment=22833:DSC_1469.jpg]

[quote name='eude' post='446949' date='Mar 27 2009, 09:47 AM']Wow - you must be excited!

Eude[/quote]

I really can not begin to tell you how I am feeling!! (It's either excitement or the copious amounts of coffee I have just ingested) - Jon is still keeping the front of the bass secret from me! It's very exciting as he has done something a bit special for me! So, I am being teased too as I haven't seen any full pictures of the bass yet! I can't wait!

I love the fact that Jon and I are totally in the 'same place' when it comes to what I really want from my bass. I know that I can trust him implicitly and that the bass will be right first time when I collect it on Saturday. I have been totally happy with letting him get on with the bass since 'first cut' and that our emails have covered every last inch of what I need from the instrument.

As it happens, I was hoping to go up last week when Jon said the abss was pretty much ready. However, him being a perfectionist and him knowing me being a picky so-and-so he wanted to do some final fettling. I had a brief selfsih me-me moment as I wanted to go collect (lol lol) but Jon was totally right to want to make sure his basses leave when they are totally 1000% ready.

Expect pictures sometime over the weekend!! This bass is going to be amazing!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='dood' post='446960' date='Mar 27 2009, 09:58 AM']Jon is still keeping the front of the bass secret from me! It's very exciting as he has done something a bit special for me! So, I am being teased too as I haven't seen any full pictures of the bass yet! I can't wait![/quote]
Quite obvious really... He's slipped with a chisel and there's no easy way for him to say that you'll be getting a bass with a big gouge in the front of it. Obviously waiting to tell you in person in the hope that you'll forgive and forget.

:) :rolleyes: :D ;) :lol:

[quote name='peted' post='447004' date='Mar 27 2009, 11:03 AM']Quite obvious really... He's slipped with a chisel and there's no easy way for him to say that you'll be getting a bass with a big gouge in the front of it. Obviously waiting to tell you in person in the hope that you'll forgive and forget.

:) :rolleyes: :D ;) :lol:[/quote]

:lol: ;) ;) ;) :o

[quote name='dood' post='446943' date='Mar 27 2009, 10:41 AM']Rob, I see you are in Manchester on your profile. I wondered if it'd be as easy to pop over and see him when he is in? Not that far right?[/quote]

Unfortunately it's finding the time to get across there... it's only 35 miles or so but its taken 2 hours before after being stuck behind numerous lorries. (Life as a musician is ever so stressful sometimes!!)

I have managed to leave him alone up until now to just get on with it, i trust him to make a good bass for me, but after reading so much about everyone elses i got an urge to find out how mine was getting on. I'm about 5 1/2 months into my wait/build so if anyone is interested this is what he sent me last night....

Peace,
Rob

Edited by RobEvansBass

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='448637' date='Mar 29 2009, 01:10 PM']I saw part of it on Friday but Jon made a bit of a song and dance about covering it up before I could go up to the loft. :) He said there was some carving that he'd done that he didn't want anyone else to see.[/quote]

Ah... so he HAS slipped with the chisel...

Hey everyone!!!

Ok, got back late last night and had to be out again today, so as yet i haven't had a chance to get the camera out. We went up to Shukerland yesterday and had a fantastic day up at the workshop with Jon. I do indeed have my Baby Doodle in my grubby mits now. It is absolutely flawless. It is, without any shadow of doubt the best bass I have ever played or owned - and boy have I played a lot of amazing instruments. I can not put in to words how pleased I am! The finish, the build, the playability..everything!

When I get a nice bit of weather outside I will take some pictures of both basses together for you all to see.

Jon's surprise was totally worth waiting for and it is perfect!! I love it! - You'll see it soon!

I can also confirm that no chisels slipped in the making of this amazing instrument!

Sorry to keep you waiting a little longer!