Why become a member? ×

Jon Shuker 6 string headless sig bass.

Dood

[quote name='peted' post='509828' date='Jun 10 2009, 06:56 AM']Nice indeed, but I'm hankering after some live video with sound instead of a slideshow :) Any chance you could record a sneaky little video of you playing along to some Within The Void stuff on your new Baby Doodle?[/quote]

ok, I edited the thread title to 'slideshow' lol..

When I pull my finger out I'll record some new 'At home with the Dood' videos, complete with the Doodles.

• 1 month later...

I've put some new pics up on my MySpace today - Thanks to Leah for the editing skills..

[url="http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewAlbums&friendID=98272865"]Click on the Shuker Bass album.[/url]

• 8 years later...

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1507548041' post='3386180']
...then show me!!!

I hate waiting.
[/quote]

Ok, so I admit that the delay may well be to do with the fact that trying to get a bit of sunlight around these 'ere parts is proving a little difficult!!

From my FB: @DanVeallBassist

[i]My custom Shuker Bass has been away for a service and spec update!

After many, many years of gigging, it has taken a few knocks and bashes. Jon Shuker of Shuker Bass Guitars who built this bass to my specifications for me back in 2009 worked his magic with those golden hands once again to bring my bass a new lease of life.

The bass has a new set of pickups, the addition of neck position markers[font=inherit] and an incredible crackle finish with (yes you've guessed it) a Chameleon Flip Paint finish over the top of that. Jon has also enclosed the headstock string clamp altogether for a really tasteful neck end.

The bass itself is a Neck-Thru featuring a 7 piece laminate of Wenge and Maple on to which Light Ash wings are attached. The tone is big, sustaining with lots of detail in the top end as well as a kick drum punch in the lows owing to the electronics on board. Hardware comes courtesy of ABM for the tuners and the locking nut is custom made.[/font][/i]

[quote name='Rich' timestamp='1507663699' post='3387143']
Ooooh, Sally's gone all crackly :lol: she looks lush bro. What are the new pickups? Same again or different configuration?
[/quote]

Ha ha ha ha!! Sally!!!! Oh dear me!! :) Yeah a fresh set of EMG DCs have gone in after having previously had a set or passives in there for a bit.

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1507664043' post='3387148']
Looks good....when everybody else is going down the relic route it's nice to see a refreshment....You may be starting a new trend.
[/quote]

Yes, I do seem to be refinishing a few of my guitars recently!!! It's great to see them in a fresh lick of paint!