Why become a member? ×

Status players, which model(s) do you have?

OutToPlayJazz

[quote name='witterth' post='881341' date='Jun 29 2010, 08:52 PM'][attachment=53249:100_0718.jpg]

The status I was talking about the other day, which is it again Rich?

its lovley!! & sounds Monster, really does!
a keeper ( if a bit roadworn)

Ill vote for that one![/quote]

Yours looks like one of the original S2000 models - Hang onto that one - Prices are going up on these! :)

[quote name='matski' post='881762' date='Jun 30 2010, 10:39 AM']Once the farkin' couriers sort their lives out, I'll be able to join your gang - I've bought Dave Perry's rather tasty fretless S2000 5er.

The anticipation is killing me...[/quote]
Glad its staying in the family, if I didn't have to trump up some serious shipping costs plus import duty you would have had to fight me for it. :)

I didn't vote as I sold my S2 classic last year. I could totally see myself getting one again someday though (prob headless S2 again - must have LEDs!). Every time I listen to an old recording of mine I just love the status active sound, I really miss that.

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='879784' date='Jun 28 2010, 12:50 PM']With my favourite basses being in a few recent threads, I was wondering just how many Statii there are out there on BC at the moment?

What attracts you to your particular choice of Status in terms of sound, playability & quality, etc?[/quote]

Hi, two headed 5 string Classic's, one (fretted) built in 2001 (to celebrate the birth of my son), the second (fretless) built in 2003 (to celebrate the birth of my daughter)
The guitars have a unique sound, fantastic necks and rock solid tuning.

Oh, and they are both in awesome green finish.

what attracted me?

Built in Britain, not everybody has one (but there are quite a lot out there!), Dawn and Rob have always made me feel that they built the guitars with care, and still care after all this time.

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='883455' date='Jul 1 2010, 09:48 PM']I almost forgot one of my all time favourite Status designs... The Barracuda. Now added to the poll! :rolleyes:[/quote]
There is a certain Buzzard-like quality to the Barracuda, isn't there? The slightly beak-like headstock, and the wing down where the electronics are. I certainly wouldn't say no :)

I still have a soft spot for a Shark, and would love to get my hands on one again. The neck was lovely and wide, and surprisingly flat! It had a playability about it that I didn't appreciate at the time, but now remember so fondly. The body styling was nice too - a bit compact, not big and overbearing like some of the Fender bodies can me.

*sigh*...

Awww my first ever bass was a status shark, an active one with two pups (Shark 2 pro-active if you want to be accurate.) Lovely bass, amazingly made, brilliant neck could you get a better first bass?
I sold it a while back to feed my Warwick GAS, to be honest I wouldn't mind more status love, the new T bass looks interesting.

Though money and self imposed rules mean i would have to sell the 'wick to get something new, and then there would be the choice between a passive fender jazz in red i'ld love the look of and an active..... but then however nice my 'wick is at them mo statii sell for more secondhand so I don't have ot face this problem for a while.

[quote name='Rich' post='883485' date='Jul 1 2010, 09:11 PM']CK, if memory serves me correctly you had a Groove 5 at one time..?[/quote]
I did, stunning value for money in terms of build quality. I loved it apart from the heavily offset body shape which looked great but didn't offer me the support I was used to.

My new S2-Classic

headless through-neck 5-string, 18mm string spacing, 34" scale, tulip facing / black pin-stripe / cherry back, black hardware, Front and side red LED's.

[url="http://www.casimages.com/img.php?i=100702112704551094.jpg"][/url]

[url="http://www.casimages.com/img.php?i=100702112755894655.jpg"][/url]

[url="http://www.casimages.com/img.php?i=10070211284427275.jpg"][/url]

[quote name='Luc' post='883758' date='Jul 2 2010, 10:28 AM']My new S2-Classic

headless through-neck 5-string, 18mm string spacing, 34" scale, tulip facing / black pin-stripe / cherry back, black hardware, Front and side red LED's.

[url="http://www.casimages.com/img.php?i=100702112704551094.jpg"][/url]

[url="http://www.casimages.com/img.php?i=100702112755894655.jpg"][/url]

[url="http://www.casimages.com/img.php?i=10070211284427275.jpg"][/url][/quote]

Hey Luc,

As I said on Statii.com, with your updated pictures of your new S2 5-string, I think Miss.Myrtle has been supplanted as the most beautiful S2 ever! Congrats again :)

Well I'm sure some here know my fretless S2, Miss Maple, and my S2000 will be back in my hands sometime next week after it's sebatical at the factory having had a minor oporation. Been missing it. Someday I would love an Electro. The sound would fit the jazz band just fine.

so, so many of you talking about the 'status sound', i think i know what you mean, but look youtube and i couldn't find one video of someone who wasnt slapping the poor thing :) does nobody play statii fingerstyle?

I like your Maple Leaf Angel, Graham :) Nice to hear how tight the phelonic makes the fretless sound.

Here's a little video of the Streamline plugged directly into the computer mic socket - No amplifier. Some of it is a little distorted, but there's a bit of both styles here. I did this one to demonstrate the Streamline sound... You'll hear the trademark Status "growl" and also the sort of 3d "shimmer" you get off the strings - Basically the graphite picks up literally everything. That's the Status sound. :rolleyes:

Edited by OutToPlayJazz

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='881830' date='Jun 30 2010, 12:29 PM']Yours looks like one of the original S2000 models - Hang onto that one - Prices are going up on these! :)[/quote]

Typical. That's like the one I had a few years back, which I took back to the shop as I didn't like it!