Why become a member? ×

Status players, which model(s) do you have?

OutToPlayJazz

Late to the party but TE T-Bass 5-er owner here... Picked it up 2nd hand from Electromusic in Doncaster in 2001 (+/- a year), traded in an Epiphone EB3 for it. Love love [i]love[/i] the neck, didn't get on with the Hyperactive pickups/electronics so (don't hate me :ph34r:) I replaced them with a Seymour Duncam J at the neck and MM at the bridge + SD preamp and a 3 way selector switch. I tend to favour the neck J which sounds glorious and very Ric-like. Not too fussed about the MM but there's been a few songs it worked better on so it's nice to have. I'm playing mostly my Rics these days but I'll never sell the T-Bass.

• 6 years later...
17 hours ago, Sparky Mark said:

Vintage thread resurrection to share my early 80s Status brochure that I picked up from Wapping.

20220407_155711.thumb.jpg.75b0920f6351c7c1bf6662ed6ba29b52.jpg

20220407_155625.thumb.jpg.0a2f5086b160b47886674940afb0871c.jpg

Thanks for posting - lovely to see this? Do you know the year? I’d have thought about ‘83. My SII is ‘85 and has different (black GMT) knobs and covered pole piece GMT covers. Same script logo

Edited by three

4 hours ago, three said:

Thanks for posting - lovely to see this? Do you know the year? I’d have thought about ‘83. My SII is ‘85 and has different (black GMT) knobs and covered pole piece GMT covers. Same script logo

You're welcome. It took me back when I found several 80s brochures. I think it was '84 shortly after the BC opened.

• Thanks 1