Why become a member? ×

Peavey T-40 Basses

FlatEric

[quote name='ryancowell25' timestamp='1355255040' post='1896063']
Sorry I think that's the one I won last week.

Arrived today and a quick clean up and some new DR Hi Beams on it.................

I know people say they are good but i'm absolutely blown away - it just sounds incredible.
[/quote]

Pics?!

I had a T 40 in the early eighties ,It was like hanging a small tank round my shoulders.........very very heavy, Im sure it was oak bodied due to the weight but it must have been Ash........cool looking.........but should come with a subscription to your local bodybuilding gym

Ian

I had mine in the late 70's after owning a copy Precision and a copy Rick' and before I owned a Fender Precision. At no time at all, did the weight issue ever arise. Its only since I joined this forum that I have heard of people complaining about the weight. Perhaps it's the usual story.... when anything is so near perfect, people will always try and find [i]something[/i] to be picky about?
When I gigged mine, at a frantic pace in a Punk band, I was 18/19 years old. I had broad shoulders by then and had grown a pair. :-)

[quote name='vicar' timestamp='1357236804' post='1919627']
I had mine in the late 70's after owning a copy Precision and a copy Rick' and before I owned a Fender Precision. At no time at all, did the weight issue ever arise. Its only since I joined this forum that I have heard of people complaining about the weight. Perhaps it's the usual story.... when anything is so near perfect, people will always try and find [i]something[/i] to be picky about?
When I gigged mine, at a frantic pace in a Punk band, I was 18/19 years old. I had broad shoulders by then and had grown a pair. :-)
[/quote]

Ive owned a lot of basses over the years , fender jazzes, fender precisions, 2 Wal's, Rickenbacker, Musicman and without doubt the heaviest bass was the Peavey,........not being picky about anything.... just saying that the bass,for my taste was too heavy.

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1357249171' post='1919967']
I've been gassing for one of these forever! Has anyone ever seen one in red, black, or white with a rosewood fretboard and blade pickups?
[/quote]

I have seen a white blade with a rosewood neck, and I know of a tan burst and a natural with rosewood necks but never any other colours. The rosewood was only in production for one year (I think). That's going to be a difficult spec to find. The blade is the way to go though. Good luck with your search!

[quote name='cocco' timestamp='1357251939' post='1920018']
I have seen a white blade with a rosewood neck, and I know of a tan burst and a natural with rosewood necks but never any other colours. The rosewood was only in production for one year (I think). That's going to be a difficult spec to find. The blade is the way to go though. Good luck with your search!
[/quote]

Thanks man, I can tell you're a fan! I already regard Peavey basses as the best in the world for my needs so I can't wait to get my hands on one. I've decided this WILL be the year that I finally get one :)

• 3 months later...

Really gassing for one of these ideally in natural body with maple neck/board. Found this on Ebay but seems a bit expensive plus that D string intonation on the bridge looks a bit suspect to me. I assume no case either... [url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peavey-T40-USA-made-bass-guitar-/290890745667?_trksid=p5197.m1992&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D14%26meid%3D6746335194639140440%26pid%3D100015%26prg%3D1006%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D290890745667%26"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peavey-T40-USA-made-bass-guitar-/290890745667?_trksid=p5197.m1992&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D14%26meid%3D6746335194639140440%26pid%3D100015%26prg%3D1006%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D290890745667%26[/url] What do you reckon Flat Eric?

[size=4]I got one of these in the early 80's. It got damaged in a shop window in Blackburn during the riots! They filled and repainted the ding where the brick hit it. It still cost me about £160 though! I really liked it but the guitarist at the time had some beef with it and complained all the time about the sound! I eventually sold it to a mate and bought a 72 jazz but he complained about that too! Eventually I sold that for peanuts and got a Westone Thunder 3. He complained about that so I left the band! Eventually he got me to go back but I kept the Westone until 5 years ago when like a complete d**khead I sold it! The Peavey was a true monster but I don't think my back could handle it now...[/size]

• 3 months later...

http://youtu.be/OOLvGYHemPo

Spotted this on YouTube yesterday. Found it quite informative. Goes into detail about the electronics, I didn't realise there were capacitors on the volumes! Definitely worth a watch if you're an owner or thinking of buying the most underrated bass in history.

[quote name='cocco' timestamp='1374735885' post='2152469']
[media]http://youtu.be/OOLvGYHemPo[/media]

Spotted this on YouTube yesterday. Found it quite informative. Goes into detail about the electronics, I didn't realise there were capacitors on the volumes! Definitely worth a watch if you're an owner or thinking of buying the most underrated bass in history.
[/quote]

Absolutely Brilliant!

Great demo on a Toaster.

Just love it.

Anyone leaning towards a Forty, have a look at the video.

Thanks Ash.

Cheers. ;)