Why become a member? ×

Peavey T-40 Basses

FlatEric

So, I have a practice today, and had a quick noodle deciding which bass to take, even though the warwick was going to be the bass taken.... I ended up taking the peavey......! surprising.

Cycling 4 miles uphill with it on my back however..... when it weighs twice the amount of the warwick.... i may never be able to have children

[quote name='razze06' timestamp='1320072340' post='1421909']Come on man, it's not that heavy! I understand that for long sessions it can get a little tiring on the shoulders, so I changed to a very broad strap and even long 3 hours set became easy.[/quote]

No, it's not that heavy- when playing it it is fine (it is almost twice the weight of my warwick though!) fine when playing- however the way it was sat on my back, with my effects pedal thing, and then another rucksack over the top with my laptop and schoolbooks in it too.... and then all that weight squashing a bit of me that had got twisted the wrong way...... it's all about pressure- all that weight on my shoulder i fine- on my teste not so fine.

too much information?
:)

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1320076617' post='1421983']

No, it's not that heavy- when playing it it is fine (it is almost twice the weight of my warwick though!) fine when playing- however the way it was sat on my back, with my effects pedal thing, and then another rucksack over the top with my laptop and schoolbooks in it too.... and then all that weight squashing a bit of me that had got twisted the wrong way...... it's all about pressure- all that weight on my shoulder i fine- on my teste not so fine.

too much information?
:)
[/quote]

a little TMI :)

Looks like you need to invest in some lightweight laptop and books then!

[quote name='razze06' timestamp='1320078878' post='1422022']

a little TMI :)

Looks like you need to invest in some lightweight laptop and books then!
[/quote]

yeah just one iPad, should fit in the gigbag too...

played it.... and surprisingly very very good. [i] It gets the gig on sunday![/i]

things i liked....
dub tone as recomended
using chorus on single coil back pup, phase switch down
both pups for rocky-ness. I tended to drop the volume slightly on one of the volumes to avoid that weird cancelling out effect
the rear pup as a hum bucker- just generally. I Imagined i could get a slightly stingray tone with it. It prob wasn't close, but I enjoyed it.

• 2 weeks later...

Mornin' all. :)

I you have nice pick up rings like this - Great. :o

I have been asked several times for a place to get new rings - just had another BCer
ask me yesterday.

I had a spare one, myself and had to use it a couple of years ago and the only place
I could find replacement ones, was in the USA.
A pair of these, including the postage, would come to around £25.00. :o

I have, in the past, thought about getting some made up, so. . . . . while I am at it, does anyone
need any new pick-up rings for their T-40.
I'll see what response I get and then based on the numbers I will put up a firm cost.

These will be a top job and not a Hacksaw and File operation.

I look forward to the flood of replies!!! :)

Cheers. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='cocco' timestamp='1324421425' post='1474171']
I now own a toaster and a blade, Incase anyone was wondering it is definatly worth owning both, they aren't worlds apart but theres a very noticeable difference. I can't find the words to sum it up but I love both for different reasons.
[/quote]

Aha!! Now you can see how I got a bit carried away!!!

I found that I liked both, bought another one of each, as back up, then spotted a
rare Rosewood, then a Red On, then a Black one, then a White one then. . . . . . .
I'm not sure if he still has them but Kingforaday, had a lovely Ying-Yang pair -
White and Black.
When I eventually get over to see you, I'll bring my Blade natural - the heavy one
but THE most powerful.

Cheers. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Just spotted Mutemath using a T-40 live, and in a music video (Odd Soul) too. Great band too, some great bass tunes like Obsolete and Armistice :)
I've been after one of these T-40s for ages! If anyone has a spare they'd be willing to let go of let me know!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DC5Lv7e4j_Y