Why become a member? ×

Peavey T-40 Basses

FlatEric

[quote name='vicar' timestamp='1349618123' post='1828313']
Anyone seen a scratch plate like this?
[/quote]

Yep! :)

This is how all the Peavey's came from new.
It is a clear, printed skin - it showed how the controls work.
Now quite rare and the one shown has the very rare foam mute, which
came with the bass when new and fits into that slot into the front of the bridge!
Aha, you say - now I know what that part of the bridge is for!
I have [i]never [/i]seen one fitted.
This bass also has the early case - I have one, as well.

Getting back to the skin - after all these years, it may be quite difficult to get it
off, if you wanted to. It would perhaps be best to leave it on but may be a bit
odd looking on stage.

One another note, it would not sound or play any different to the one you have. ;)

Cheers. :)

[quote name='razze06' timestamp='1349666895' post='1828863']

Did you not think it as too heavy, and you loved your warwick and squire sound better? :)
[/quote] well yes, but apart from the weight it was great. But it went and became someone else's main bass so that's good! Don't be so logical!

[quote name='Ant' timestamp='1349687572' post='1828990']
whats a reasonable price to ask for a red t40 without any pickups? few dings etc, includes hardcase
[/quote]

Hi.

What happened to the pick-ups?? :blink:

Are you the guy who was putting them in something else?

Got any pics of the bass "sans pups" ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. :)

A while ago, I said I would do a feature on The "T" series Peavey's - The Forty and the Sixty.

Well, I have made a start on this and have had some good news today.

Chip Todd, who along with Hartley Peavey, developed the "T" series Basses & Guitars, has very
kindly agreed to help me with the feature.

So. . . . . [i]if [/i]you have any [i]interesting [/i]questions, perhaps something you have not seen an answer to before,
please let me know and I will ask Chip and if relevant, I will include them in the feature.

Edited by FlatEric

[quote name='FlatEric' timestamp='1350808813' post='1843589']
Hi. :)

A while ago, I said I would do a feature on The "T" series Peavey's - The Forty and the Sixty.

Well, I have made a start on this and have had some good news today.

Chip Todd, who along with Hartley Peavey, developed the "T" series Basses & Guitars, has very
kindly agreed to help me with the feature.

So. . . . . [i]if [/i]you have any [i]interesting [/i]questions, perhaps something you have not seen an answer to before,
please let me know and I will ask Chip and if relevant, I will include them in the feature.

[/quote]

Very cool!

I don't know enough about them to have any decent questions to ask, other than "Will they make any more?". But I'm guessing that the answer is either going to be "No.", or "Yes, but a limited run at an astronomical price."

Still, I think they may be better off as they are, makes them kind of enigmatic!

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya mate. :)

I have never fitted and flats on a Forty but one of my Toasters came with flats on it.
Don't know what they were - had brown silk ends.

VERY Old School!

Used it for a college musical thing and both teachers loved it to bits.

I have Roto flats on my Guild B301 and they sound very nice.
I would try some Roto flats, if I were you.

£350-£450 depending on condition. Mine is all original with OHSC and was £450.

I was going to sell mine a few months ago in a moment of temporary insanity, it's not going to get sold by me unless the price really goes up. They are in my opinion under priced compared to other basses from the era.

I reckon you are too shockwave, my nearly mint 82 sunburst blade was £420. I think that is the highest I'd pay, unless you really want a rosewood finger board or one of the rarer colours. If nothing else they are holding their value well at the moment so if for some bizzare reason you don't like it you won't lose out.

There's one for sale here: [url="http://www.thelittleguitarshop.com/Bass.html"]http://www.thelittleguitarshop.com/Bass.html[/url] (scroll down half way, black T-40) for £595, he is dreaming and I know he's had it for sale for at least 12 months.