Why become a member? ×

New MusicMan Model...

Duarte

[quote name='velvetkevorkian' post='791143' date='Mar 30 2010, 09:20 PM']What are the buttons for?[/quote]

THINK PICKUP ON/OFF SERIES PARALLEL - i dunno, just a guess.

Bonkers switchery, too much maybe?

I'm also wondering about the balance of this bass, long neck, short horn.
That G-String really is heading off to the right, it's hurting my eyes, and brain.

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='791359' date='Mar 30 2010, 11:49 PM']I love the 25th Anniversary model that this is based on, but perhaps the colour is putting me off. That and the fact that the Big Al is so funky looking with the same electronics package. I think I'd go for the Big Al personally. But then again, I love the look of the Bongo, too. :)[/quote]

Yeah I think I agree, I like the new electronics but I'm struggling to like any of the new bodies. The Big Al is the one I like the most but it still looks a bit like a watered-down design to me. I get the feeling they've got some talented designers but their work keeps getting filtered through skeptics before it gets produced. Everything looks a bit too soft.

[quote name='LukeFRC' post='791171' date='Mar 30 2010, 08:34 PM']what is it with them stupid plastic knobs. The bongo has them too i think? I tried out a bongo and would never have bought it just because of the wee annoying plastic knobs[/quote]
To my knowledge the knobs on the bongo are made out of aluminium which is why the feel lighter than usual. Could be wrong though...

[quote name='LukeFRC' post='791171' date='Mar 30 2010, 09:34 PM']what is it with them stupid plastic knobs. The bongo has them too i think? I tried out a bongo and would never have bought it just because of the wee annoying plastic knobs[/quote]

aluminium apparantly, i remember reading about that in bass mag (UK) on the bongo 6 model and being corrected by ernie ball saying they weren't plastic.

i totally agree with you though, for a manufacture of this calibre you think you would get better quality overtime, eg. "plastic"-->metal knobs, buttons--->switches and small--->large/'average' bodies for big buck.

one good thing about this bass is perhaps the pickups, they do sound immense on the bongo as well as warwick basses but everything IN MY OPINION looks cheap and poorly designed.

[quote name='EskimoBassist' post='791419' date='Mar 31 2010, 01:19 AM']I am harbouring a raging semi just looking at all the buttons and those sexy cutaways. Never have I found a Musicman so attractive![/quote]

[font="Comic Sans MS"][size=4][b]Say hello to my little friend! [/b][/size][/font]

[quote name='throwoff' post='791504' date='Mar 31 2010, 08:06 AM']Ok im going to say it if nobody else will.

It looks a bit like a les paul[/quote]

AND??

small list of examples follows:

[b]INSTRUMENTS WHAT LOOK LIKE A BIT LIKE A JAZZ / PRECISION BASS:
[size=3]ESP
FERNANDEZ
LAKLAND
PEAVEY
YAMAHA
IBANEZ
PENSA SUHR
JACKSON
CHARVEL
SQUIER (LICENSED COPY)
AND LOADS MORE[/size]....[/b]

[quote name='Grand Wazoo' post='791506' date='Mar 31 2010, 07:14 AM']AND??

small list of examples follows:

[b]INSTRUMENTS WHAT LOOK LIKE A BIT LIKE A JAZZ / PRECISION BASS:
[size=3]ESP
FERNANDEZ
LAKLAND
PEAVEY
YAMAHA
IBANEZ
PENSA SUHR
JACKSON
CHARVEL
SQUIER (LICENSED COPY)
AND LOADS MORE[/size]....[/b][/quote]

Constructive post +1

I think the majority of people on here would of realised the rich vein of comedic observance in my post.
Writing a long list is a poor way to mine this vein.