Why become a member? ×

Purple Bass?

JusticeUK

I'm looking for my second bass guitar, I currently have a Crafter Cruzer CSR-22A and am looking for an upgrade.

I was looking to pay upto £300 and was hoping to find a Bass in purple....which seems to be a harder task than you would imagine.

Can anyone give me and reccomendations?

Thanks

You said you were looking for an upgrade so I would have thought that you really need to understand what you want from a bass and get the best one that suits your needs and not focus on colour. IF, however, the colour is the most important thing on your checklist why not get your current bass resprayed?

I have a Violetburst Daisyrock elite. Beautiful bass - 32" scale, two soapbars, active electronics. Massive punchy sound. Not sure I'm ready to part with it though.

My daughter also has one just like it & also a 1971 fender musicmaster bass in lilac. She sold her 'princess purple' heartbreaker bass.

My peavey fiver is a nice deep purple over quited maple veneer top - you should be able to pick one up for £200 - £250

Aria, Yamaha and ESP/LTD all do purple basses around your price range. And there's always the DIY Halford's spray-can approach.

If you want a purple bass, you go get one and love it. There's plenty of people round here who go weak at the knees when they see a particular colour combination. CAR Jazz with matching headstock, rosewood board, tort plate? Whoa, Mama!

Squier used to do a Precision Special in metallic purple, that was my second bass, think I paid about £180 for it new, so not much of an upgrade from what you've got. I'd recommend those Peaveys though, I played a mates, great sound.

[quote name='dos dedos' post='768371' date='Mar 8 2010, 07:21 PM']Modulus did a purple metallic Flea bass but
a ) they don't make them anymore, and
b ) they were probably more than £300

So, uh... that probably wasn't very helpful really! ^_^[/quote]

Yes they do...the Modulus Funk Unlimited and it's still available in a glorious purple big flake finish...and it's quite a bit more than 300 nicker.

Hope that helps!

Ciao

Ian

Edited by SMART

Scroll down:
[url="http://www.backalleymusic.co.uk/contents/en-uk/d228_Westfield-Bass-Guitars.html"]http://www.backalleymusic.co.uk/contents/e...ss-Guitars.html[/url]
£99
My school just got 2 and they are really good for the dosh - inspired me to get my Jazz set-up properly!

I was gonna offer you a nice Vox standard bass that's in purple.
I bought it in 1983 & it started life as a black bass. I stripped it & resprayed it metallic purple about 20 years ago.
It needs new electrics, pick ups, bridge, strings, machine heads & cleaned up. Then laquered & put back together.
Oh, & a refret wouldn't go amiss.
Could be tempted to let it go for £300, but I see you got a nice Jazz.

Fender Jazz in midnight wine!

My second bass (only a lefty). I say this again and again but CHANGE THE BRIDGE. Maybe there is something corrosive in the air where I live but no less than 4 basses (mine plus 3 other peoples) all had the bridge saddles collapse 12 months after buying them!

Lovely bass though had a badass II on mine loved it to bits, then ran out of money at uni had a CIJ P-bass by that point and one had to go.

Im sorry little jazz wherever you are.

[quote name='throwoff' post='775959' date='Mar 16 2010, 08:43 AM']Fender Jazz in midnight wine!

My second bass (only a lefty). I say this again and again but CHANGE THE BRIDGE. Maybe there is something corrosive in the air where I live but no less than 4 basses (mine plus 3 other peoples) all had the bridge saddles collapse 12 months after buying them!

Lovely bass though had a badass II on mine loved it to bits, then ran out of money at uni had a CIJ P-bass by that point and one had to go.

Im sorry little jazz wherever you are.[/quote]

How do you mean the bridge saddles collapse? I seem to be having a little trouble with the bridge already, one of the screws doesn't seem to keep the saddles high at all?

[quote name='throwoff' post='775959' date='Mar 16 2010, 08:43 AM']Maybe there is something corrosive in the air where I live but no less than 4 basses (mine plus 3 other peoples) all had the bridge saddles collapse 12 months after buying them![/quote]

Do you live on Venus? :) :rolleyes: