Why become a member? ×

New jazz!

sshorepunk

This just arrived, took a while to get here, been playing for last hour in readiness for rehearsal tonight, just took a few minutes out to have a brew and share this seafoam green beauty with you all :-)
Not the best photo, a bit of flash bounce going on, but you get the idea!

Tony

[attachment=40201:seafoam.jpg]

Edited by sshorepunk

Used at rehersal last night, sounded great, needed a tweak at the bridge before I went out, maybe still needs a little more to get it right for me. Nice and easy to play, looks great, really like the retro vibe this bass has
Sounded great last night, with the band it worked really well, also had a good blast and played around with the tone and pickups, sounds good, good punchy finger tone and a bit of Marcus in there too, if thats your bag!

I got it from the US, was beginning to give up hope of finding something like this in the UK, like RHS!

Tony

Spent a few days playing this and getting it set right for me and it puts a smile on my face every time I pick it up
I previously had a US deluxe jazz and this is very similar sound wise due to the p/ips and active circuit
Build quality is excellent and the blocked '75 style board does it for me!
I had on of these a few years back, wish I had kept it now, but was playing more 5 string at the time so it didn't make sence!

It will get it's first live outing in around 12 days with OCS in manchester!

Tony

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, got a lot on right now, well at least up untill next weekend, then a break for some writing and recording.

This particular gig was with OCS at Moho, was a great night and we played to a packed venure, which was a bit of a problem for some! Just too many poeple in there, it was hard work trying to move around, the audience suffered due to down right greed on the part of the promoter. They squeezed 700 in for the enemy a few months back and agreed it was too many, so the plan was for 600 tickets this time. But I heard they went up to 700 and the end number was 790 with the guest list. Felt sorry for those who'd stumped up for a ticket and had to endure that, it wasn't pleasant. There was also 3 support bands, should have been two, we had a tiny storage area, that would have worked for two bands, three made it a nightmare, getting gear on and off the stage was hard work as we had a short run through the crowd!

Brixton Jamm on Friday with Alabama 3, then academy 3 on saturday night!

Tony

Really pleased with this bass, just had a busy few weeks of gigging and it was a joy to play, last night, at Academy 3 in manchester, which is probably one of the best sounding venues I've played, it sounded great, a few poeple commented on the sound! Helped along of course with my trusty EBS rig (the BIG RIG :-) )

Tony