Why become a member? ×

Where does it go?

Protium

[quote name='velvetkevorkian' post='709304' date='Jan 11 2010, 08:19 PM']Sounds like they forgot to tune up before starting- and usually I like stuff that's a bit off the wall.[/quote]

Same here, I'm trying to listen for some sort of coherence but seems they all just want to play louder and more complicated than each other.
I suppose my question is, is there anyone who can enlighten us as to whats going on here?

To be honest I like a lot of pretty hard on the ear 'experimental' stuff, Zorn, Ground Zero etc etc, and I've played a fair bit of 'room clearing' music too (whether or not by design :) ).

As such I feel very definitely in a position to cast judgement over the efforts as represented by this ickle vid - since my taste and experience include stuff along these lines (and way harsher).

My conclusion is it is just poor. Its definitely hiding behind a veil of "we're so complex and on the edge that you couldnt understand, man" but in fact its tedious, uninteresting, uninspiring badly written and as far as I can tell badly played (difficult given the medium to be sure though).

Give me Torture Garden by Naked City any day, that's really amazing entertaining, inspiring and damned fun to listen to. Cairo Chop Shop, Dead Spot and Dead Dredd are three of my all time favourite tracks of all time like (look up [url="http://listen.grooveshark.com/#/album/Torture+Garden/2194056"]Torture Garden on GrooveShark[/url], stick with it though, you will struggle :rolleyes:). N.Y Flat Top Box is hysterical too! Damn I forgot how good Speedfreaks is, funky as hell in places :lol:

JauquoXXXX please go back to the drawing board, its in there somewhere mate, but this isnt it IMO....

Edited by 51m0n