Why become a member? ×

What bass did Randy Meisner play in the Eagles?

Cat Burrito

[quote name='steelman' post='708392' date='Jan 10 2010, 11:57 PM']I've seen him with a P a J and a Ric on youTube but not seen the Hagstrom. Lemmy listed a Hagstrom in his itinery on one album though i've never seen him play one!

C[/quote]

Here you go then

I know he played Rickenbackers but I've only seen him with Fenders and the Hagstrom. I'm off to find a Rickenbacker clip

I used to be a big Eagles fan, saw them live at at O2 Arena back in 2008. Randy used Fender P-Basses for the first two albums, then moved to the Hagstrom for the third/fourth albums and the Rickenbacker 4001 for Hotel California. His tone on Hotel California live is fantastic, just like a good Rickenbacker should be

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-qlORj0n2M"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-qlORj0n2M[/url]

Timothy B. Schmit currently uses various Fender Jazz Basses, good live time! I've seen some photos of him using a single-coil Precision too around the time The Long Run.

What can anyone tell me about Hagstrom basses? Don't know much about them!

Hope that helps!

Edited by faceman

Here he is playing a J on the the Hotel Califonia tour:

I must say, it's nice to see such Randy love. He deserves it. Hooray for Randy love!

Have we done Randy's finest bass moments?

Here's mine, in no particular order:

1. Too Many Hands
2. Midnight Flyer
3. You Never Cry Like a Lover

• 12 years later...