Why become a member? ×

New SWR Headlite

molan

I read about this in Bass Player recently and wondered when SWR would start marketing it.

I used to love my old SM400 - wonder if this can capture the sound in a tiny package?

Has a valve in the pre & a class D power amp.

They are also bringing out a matching power amp so you can get 800w in a single rack space if required (there's also a gig bag that will take both the head & amp together). :

I'd love to just have one of these and nowt else!
I've been running my LittleMark flat for a wee while now, so a nice light and loud power amp like this would be perfect!
Bet it'll be a pricey number though...

Eude

I think USA 'street' price is supposed to be about $700 for the head & $600 for the power amp (relative pricing seems odd so maybe the amp will come in less than that).

Not sure if it's dual voltage or not but, if so, then it would be a nice 'toy' to bring home from a US trip.

I love all this tastey new gear arriving! It's that NAMM time of year that I enjoy so much! ;o) I like the look of this one! ESPECIALLY the additional power amplifier. That's just a brilliant idea! Well done SWR!

Love the look of that head. Additional poweramp is a neat idea as well to beef the power if needed.
Although happy with my TC, this is one of the few new micro amps I could be tempted to try, along with the rumoured EBS mini head (if it ever happens).
Always like the sound of SWR amps but not keen on their cabs of past.

There are some good videos of the lightweight stuff in action here:

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/swramps"]http://www.youtube.com/user/swramps[/url]

Check out the 2010 showcase one.

I'm just waiting on GuitarGuitar getting back to me with a price.

Subsequently I'm putting up all my other SWR gear for sale so if anyone's interested check out the For sale section!

[quote name='BTGAndy' post='722713' date='Jan 23 2010, 11:23 PM']It's on its way! Expect recordings and a review for all you lovely people end of Feb/early March. I'm getting the Headlite with a Golight 2x10 and Golight 1x15.[/quote]

Excellent, looking forward to hearing how this sounds :)

It has arrived! Fender in a display of unusual efficiency have shipped me one a month early. Used it for a gig this afternoon, it's amazing, so loud and punchy yet so small. I have been running it through a golight jnr. 2x10 and I'm thoroughly impressed with the low end the set up produces. I should have some comparisons and recordings up later next week.

Thats superb news,
I'm pleased to hear that its sounding punchy thro your Swr jr 2 x 10.

As thats what i plan to use it with although i have the goliath jr 2 x 10 mk111's.
I'm looking forward to hearing the results of your recordings as i may have to make some
space & sell a few things to accomdate the headlite too.

[quote name='BTGAndy' post='729312' date='Jan 29 2010, 10:58 PM']It has arrived! Fender in a display of unusual efficiency have shipped me one a month early. Used it for a gig this afternoon, it's amazing, so loud and punchy yet so small. I have been running it through a golight jnr. 2x10 and I'm thoroughly impressed with the low end the set up produces. I should have some comparisons and recordings up later next week.[/quote]

How does it compare to your previous SWR rig in terms of sound?

I'm intrtrigued to see if it's possible to get that classic SWR SM400 sound from one of these, lol.