Why become a member? ×

Hmmmm! am I just suspicious by nature?

Some of the bits might be original MM, but the bass as a whole isn't for sure. Looks like a classic Trigger's Broom job, started out original, then a new body, new bridge, new control plate etc etc :)

C

Edited by Beedster

This has been listed before. It's a bitza. Bits from here and bits from there.

Genuine pre-EB neck. Body is copy. Pick-up in wrong place. Wrong bridge. Control plate looks home-made.

Last time it was up it was reported.

As wrong as a wrong thing! :)

Prior to looking at the listing I read what Dave said about the pup being misplaced and I expected that his expert eye had picked up that it might have been a few mill out of place... jeepers it's that far back you may as well call it a piezo. :rolleyes: Oh and what's going on with that neck plate?

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='705908' date='Jan 8 2010, 07:26 PM']still, its not like anyone is going to be ripped off. The reserve was very reasonable given the value of the parts.[/quote]

I must disagree. It's a gross misrepresentation. It is NOT a Stingray and someone who doesn't know could well be ripped off thnking they are getting the real deal. Not all potential buyers are as knowledgeable as the BC membership.

Anyway where's the battery?

The only real parts are probably the neck and the pick-up and they do not add up to a real Ray.

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='705908' date='Jan 8 2010, 07:26 PM']still, its not like anyone is going to be ripped off. The reserve was very reasonable given the value of the parts.[/quote]

I have to disagree. Where in his listing does he state that a part or parts (or everything except the neck) of the bass are not genuine Musicman parts? It could be argued that he doesn't know that most of the bass is cobbled together so to give him the benefit of the doubt (even though it has been pulled by eBay previously) I'm going to point out one or two of the inaccuracies and see if he responds positively; if he doesn't then he is trying to rip people off! :)

I wouldn't buy it based upon the fact that his spelling is getting worse by the minute... :)

Oh and before you shoot me down, he doesn't suffer from Dyslexia, he's either plain lazy or wishing to appear dumber than he actually is, which matches in with his tack of; "I don't know what I have"! However you can 'deside'. :lol:

<edit>

How ironic... edited for a typo! :rolleyes:

Edited by warwickhunt

If you thought that one was bad.

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280449423776&_trksid=p2759.l1259"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...sid=p2759.l1259[/url]

heres another, already reported and emailed the seller. The string tree is in the wrong position, used an old style logo on some"THING" modern, The pickup is wrong, bridge is wrong, neckplate and serial wrong. Trys to negate responsibility by saying he is unsure about the mods done by previous owner. Which i am sure is against ebay policy now.

[quote name='Shockwave' post='708365' date='Jan 10 2010, 11:27 PM']If you thought that one was bad.

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280449423776&_trksid=p2759.l1259"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...sid=p2759.l1259[/url]

heres another, already reported and emailed the seller. The string tree is in the wrong position, used an old style logo on some"THING" modern, The pickup is wrong, bridge is wrong, neckplate and serial wrong. Trys to negate responsibility by saying he is unsure about the mods done by previous owner. Which i am sure is against ebay policy now.[/quote]
Yup I think we've seen it before too quite a while back. Different pics this time - I remember it standing up the way.

[quote name='Shockwave' post='708365' date='Jan 10 2010, 11:27 PM']If you thought that one was bad.

heres another, already reported and emailed the seller. The string tree is in the wrong position, used an old style logo on some"THING" modern, The pickup is wrong, bridge is wrong, neckplate and serial wrong. Trys to negate responsibility by saying he is unsure about the mods done by previous owner. Which i am sure is against ebay policy now.[/quote]

I wonder if there's a battery compartment on the rear, as it allegedly used to be an active 'Ray. My money's on a resounding "no"

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='708422' date='Jan 11 2010, 12:59 AM']Yup I think we've seen it before too quite a while back. Different pics this time - I remember it standing up the way.[/quote]

I agree, I recall seeing this one. However, this is a newly registered user so I wonder if it is a scammer copying an earlier listing (idiot could have at least copied a proper MM) or if it is the same guy using a different account as he doesn't want to sully an account that he has, that has decent feedback (you can legitimately have 2 accounts)! :)

I've just checked my messages and I still have a copy of the question I asked and the answer.

MUSIC MAN STINGRAY BASS
Item Id: 290355478695
End time: 08-Oct-09 21:36:52 BST
Seller: keithy30 (373)
100.0% Positive Feedback
Member since 23-Feb-03 in United Kingdom

Question:

Dear keithy30,

Is this bass active or passive?

If active, where is the battery?

cheers

Dear *****

hi i know nothing about guitars sorry i cant help you i dont think it has a batt.

- keithy30

Edited by obbm