Why become a member? ×

London region bash 2010

essexbasscat

[quote name='essexbasscat' post='873736' date='Jun 21 2010, 06:48 PM']Errm,

FOR THE BENEFIT OF EVERYONE THAT HAS NOT FOLLOWED THIS EVENT ON THREAD

Not sure if you all remember that there is an entry fee for this event to cover the cost of the hall hire for the day

It's £10.00 per person, based on a calculation of 30 people coming. If more people come, there should be funds left over. If everyone signs in with a name and address, any surplus will be divided equally and refunded by cheque.

Any personal information gained in this way will be destroyed after the business for the day has been completed. This information will be limited to being shared between organisers on a need -to- know basis. PRIVACY WILL BE RESPECTED.

REMEMBER. IT'S £10.00 EACH !!!!!!!

thank you

T[/quote]

A 10-spot's fine by me. Another option for any surplus dosh is to donate it to charity. Nordoff-Robbins have benefited in the past, but alternatives could include a local hospice or even BC itself.

I'm content with either option tbh.

Pete.

I have gigs Friday and Saturday but have managed to keep Sunday clear so, unless Pino or Marcus or Victor phone up in need of a dep, I should still be ok for this too. :)
51m0n - Congestion Charge runs Mon to Fri, 7am to 6pm. No charge at weekends or public holidays.
I'm with previous suggestions, should there be any surplus dosh, donate it to charidee.

Several people has suggested a preference for donating any surplus to charity. Don't know how widespread this view may be though.

So, in keeping with respecting the views of BC'ers, everyone will be asked to express a their preference when they sign in as to how any surplus funds should be treated i.e. refunded to them personally, donated to charity (you can specify which one) or carried over to the 2011 London bash.

Therefore, you will only be asked to provide your address if you require a refund.

Hope that's ok by everyone

T

Edited by essexbasscat

Still coming!!! And I'm bringing my heavy-duty rig (I'm gigging with it Friday evening and Saturday lunchtime, so it'll already be in the car - fantastic!!)

Bass-wise, will be bringing both the Squier and the Ibby - it's now been modded with a series / parallel switch (check my siggie for the build diary link)

Feel free to have a noodle on the basses or the rig - if anyone is bringing an 8x10, 2x12, 4x12 or a 2x15 (or any other 4-Ohm cab), I'd like to attach it to my rig for some real gritty low-end). [b]Is there an award for 'Most Obviously OTT bass rig??'[/b]. If not, I intend to start one with this rig :)

See ya on Sunday - gonna be epic.

Ian

PS BTW, I'm happy for any surplus cash on the day to be donated to a local charity (and maybe some directed to BC as well)

Hi folks

I'm in touch with someone that can do food for the day, such as salad, pasta, cold chicken, ribs etc for a reasonable price per meal on the day. I don't have exact prices at the moment, but it won't be expensive.

What does everyone think ? would you like food available on the day or are you bringing your own ?

Cheers

T

I know one or two others were going to self-cater and I had it in mind to do the same, probably picking up a pasta salad type of thing from Tesco (or wherever) the day before.
That said, if the majority prefer to have food provided on the premises, I'd go along with it.
Could it be confirmed, say by Friday or Saturday, whether they are definitely going to be there please? :)

I'm happy for food to be provided on the day, but don't mind if I have to fend for myself, as long as I know by Friday. Regarding the money, I'd rather the surplus went as a raffle prize or basschat donation than have you writing out and posting 40 cheques for 93p each!

[quote name='Jerry_B' post='875232' date='Jun 23 2010, 11:35 AM']Will there be a fridge, or a cooler? I ask as it looks like it's going to be very hot weather on Sunday! Otherwise food may get a little worse for wear...[/quote]

Yep - we have access to a fridge (although no idea how big it is!).