Why become a member? ×

Well they've kicked my ass off eBay!

Unbelievable when you consider the amount of scumbags that get away with scamming and scr*wing people over but I've been booted!

The tale.

I have been selling Leatherman Gerber and Victorinox tools for about 4/5 years now (several BW/BT/BCers have bought from me)and I had a 100%rating and 2000+ sales. Too cut a long story short I got an email from another eBayer basically saying that I should stop listing my items as auctions and but them up for BIN at the same price as him as he was losing money. He said I should tow the line as eBay had a funny way of closing down unauthorised sellers!!! I had no idea what he was on about but basically ignored him! Lo and behold a couple of weeks later I got a suspension from eBay for selling unauthorised goods. I contacted them and said it was a load of b*ll*cks (nicer language) and that my goods were genuine, branded used goods. After the suspension ended I went back to selling as before, another email from another eBay member saying was I going to up my prices? I ignored it and then BANG account suspended for selling counterfeit goods... total cr*p as every item I ever sold was genuine!

You can't argue with faceless tw*ts unfortunately so I thought stuff it I'll open another account, not hard to do really! Sold stuff for a few weeks 100% etc then don't you just know it the competitor who I suspected was at the root of my initial problem bought something from me (at more than he was selling them), odd I thought. NO, you guessed it, new account suspended for 12 months and a stern warning that I'd better not open another!

OK I broke their rules opening a second account, guilty. However, at no point did I EVER rob or scam anyone and nothing that I sold was counterfeit or stolen etc. I will extract my revenge on the individual that I think is at the root of this and though I know several like minded soles out there may offer assistance, I intend doing this myself 'just in case' I am wrong about the miscreant.

So... anyone want to by a Leatherman, Gerber or Victorinox or know where I can now clear what I have available?

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='76114' date='Oct 18 2007, 06:12 PM']Unbelievable when you consider the amount of scumbags that get away with scamming and scr*wing people over but I've been booted!

The tale.

I have been selling Leatherman Gerber and Victorinox tools for about 4/5 years now (several BW/BT/BCers have bought from me)and I had a 100%rating and 2000+ sales. Too cut a long story short I got an email from another eBayer basically saying that I should stop listing my items as auctions and but them up for BIN at the same price as him as he was losing money. He said I should tow the line as eBay had a funny way of closing down unauthorised sellers!!! I had no idea what he was on about but basically ignored him! Lo and behold a couple of weeks later I got a suspension from eBay for selling unauthorised goods. I contacted them and said it was a load of b*ll*cks (nicer language) and that my goods were genuine, branded used goods. After the suspension ended I went back to selling as before, another email from another eBay member saying was I going to up my prices? I ignored it and then BANG account suspended for selling counterfeit goods... total cr*p as every item I ever sold was genuine!

You can't argue with faceless tw*ts unfortunately so I thought stuff it I'll open another account, not hard to do really! Sold stuff for a few weeks 100% etc then don't you just know it the competitor who I suspected was at the root of my initial problem bought something from me (at more than he was selling them), odd I thought. NO, you guessed it, new account suspended for 12 months and a stern warning that I'd better not open another!

OK I broke their rules opening a second account, guilty. However, at no point did I EVER rob or scam anyone and nothing that I sold was counterfeit or stolen etc. I will extract my revenge on the individual that I think is at the root of this and though I know several like minded soles out there may offer assistance, I intend doing this myself 'just in case' I am wrong about the miscreant.

So... anyone want to by a Leatherman, Gerber or Victorinox or know where I can now clear what I have available?[/quote]

Crikey, sorry to hear that John. One thing I have noticed re.the ebay police is that they are very quick to jump on the hint of counterfeit goods, I supect because they can be done by US law for aiding the selling of such (even legit Ricks have been removed!!!!). I suggest that you write (ink not email) stating your case and demonstrating that a) your goods are genuine and that :) your ban was the result of malice, and see what they do. It wouldn't do any harm to point out to them exactly how much you've paid them in fees over the years.
Good luck
Chris

sickening to know theres proper scumbags on ebay gatting away with stuff all the time and the people who are legit just get stuffed cos of playground sh*te like that.
sorry to hear about that mate.
on another note do you have any of them victorinox card thingies,and are they any good?

[quote name='The_D' post='76115' date='Oct 18 2007, 06:15 PM']What a nob! Just because you were selling cheaper than he was.

What kind of revenge did you have in mind?[/quote]

First off cheers guys, I wasn't sure if I wouldn't just get a 'serves you right'!

Secondly I wish I could figure out how to do that multiple quote thingy :)

The_D - My revenge will be served cold and will be well considered. Doing to him what he's done to me seems fair BUT... I do have a pang of conscience that is saying that makes me as bad as him! We'll see.

CrazyKiwi - This eBay we are talking about. No, is the short and only answer. I appealed when my first suspension was metered out and unfortunately Chris is right, eBay absolutely brick it when someone cries 'counterfeit'. I even sent them a letter/package with a sample of what I sold and photographs of the supposed offending articles that they singled out as counterfeit. Nada, nothing, sweet FA.

Beedster - You often see eBay for what it is and have a balanced view of it (re. your observations in other eBay related threads) and you've cut straight to the point. eBay can't risk any whiff of counterfeit, even at the risk of losing a Powerseller with thousands of £ worth of sales and 100% feedback. I did forward (and send printed copies) of the correspondence from the other ebay user demonstrating that it was petty rivalry... to no avail. I received the standard 'we can not enter into any blah bloody blah'.

grosa - It's the fact that scumbags don't care and get away with it that really bugs me. I used to care about what people got and how quickly they received it, I treat people as I would want to be treat. Damn, it irritates me to think of the amount of thieves there are out there and they get away with it time and again. [b]Sigh[/b], on the other matter. I'm sure I have one of those cards (used) in the drawer and they are fine but to be honest you'd be just as well off with a little Victorinox Swiss Army Knife (SAK). They have most of the same features (with a couple extra) and they fit in your pocket better! I even have one or two little SAKs with pens and LED lights. If you want one give me a shout (card or SAK).

Well I need to replace my SAK as I've lost mine and am lost without it. Do you have any of the leather holsters for them? I lost that too!! God I'm crap. If it helps you to sell me one why not pee em me I'll send you my email and we can do business.

[quote name='stewblack' post='76142' date='Oct 18 2007, 07:31 PM']Well I need to replace my SAK as I've lost mine and am lost without it. Do you have any of the leather holsters for them? I lost that too!! God I'm crap. If it helps you to sell me one why not pee em me I'll send you my email and we can do business.[/quote]

I'd better square this with a mod before I go any further. I know that I got the nod when we were a former incarnation but I don't want to pee people off. I do want to make it clear that it isn't my intention of opening up some kind of trader deal going on here. I'm prepared to offer BCers this stuff at a lower price than you'd reasonably expect to get it on eBay. I put in reasonably, as you obviously get the odd bargain that no-one spotted and I don't want people to extract the urine as I have no intention of ripping anyone off.

[quote name='bassaussie' post='76169' date='Oct 18 2007, 08:30 PM']Sorry to hear about this. I can't believe how seriously Ebay has gone down the tubes since I first started using it. I do wish you the best of luck in catching up with the tossers who've done this to you, although I guess that isn't going to help you sell the gear.[/quote]

Thanks for the sentiment. TBH I'm a firm believer (thinking of starting my own Earl Hickey religion) in kismet and I'm sure that what goes around...

I have to admit that I've got a bloody draw full of the stuff and I hate going around to family and friends and asking them to list the stuff so that will be an absolute last resort. We'll see what happens, one door closes and all that... Chr*st, don't I like my metaphors!

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='76152' date='Oct 18 2007, 07:52 PM']I'd better square this with a mod before I go any further. I know that I got the nod when we were a former incarnation but I don't want to pee people off.[/quote]
All squared up, ship shaped and bristle fashioned. You're good to go. :)

Guest Bald Eagle

So it's Ok to run a cartelle ie. price fix on ebay but selling items for a good price to your customers isn't allowed, hey? sorry I don't get it I thought the whole point of ebay was to get a bargain or at least bid upto a price you're happy with pfffhhh....ebay they've lost the plot, schmucks.

John, Really sorry to hear what e-Bay have done, but not surprised in the slightest. I started a post about an MM Sub I didn't get, where the seller is still trading despite the obvious fraud. e-Bay did exactly nothing even when presented with so much evidence a trained monkey could have figured it out. (Now I know at this stage there will be a temptation to post replies relating to trained monkeys.)
If you are up for some revenge, count me in if you need help. I got some really useful assistance from a couple of BC members in exposing the seller I was dealing with.
Happy to return the favour.

Edited by BassBunny

Just had a quick peek on www.amazon.co.uk and they sell Leatherman goods. Why don't you enquire about setting up a Markeplace account with them? You'd probably do much better than on ebay, which has always had the air of a dodgy market stall about it, and probably get a better class of customer.

Edited by bassbloke

[quote name='BassBunny' post='76252' date='Oct 18 2007, 11:47 PM']John, Really sorry to hear what e-Bay have done, but not surprised in the slightest. I started a post about an MM Sub I didn't get, where the seller is still trading despite the obvious fraud. e-Bay did exactly nothing even when presented with so much evidence a trained monkey could have figured it out. (Now I know at this stage there will be a temptation to post replies relating to trained monkeys.)
If you are up for some revenge, count me in if you need help. I got some really useful assistance from a couple of BC members in exposing the seller I was dealing with.
Happy to return the favour.[/quote]

I followed your predicament with interest but like Chris I had a feeling it was going only one way as eBay really just like to take as much as possible whilst policing the important easy stuff. I'll bear in mind the offer of assistance :)

Cheers to the rest of you (again).

re. Amazon - unfortunately 99% of what I sell is used and I'd imagine Amazon is all new stuff.

reporting the other guy would appear to be the easy and straight forward option. However, though I am 99.99% certain it has to be as a result of him (things just fit), I'd be the worst kind of lowlife if I were wrong!

Edited by warwickhunt

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='76301' date='Oct 19 2007, 07:32 AM']I followed your predicament with interest but like Chris I had a feeling it was going only one way as eBay really just like to take as much as possible whilst policing the important easy stuff. I'll bear in mind the offer of assistance :)

Cheers to the rest of you (again).

re. Amazon - unfortunately 99% of what I sell is used and I'd imagine Amazon is all new stuff.

reporting the other guy would appear to be the easy and straight forward option. However, though I am 99.99% certain it has to be as a result of him (things just fit), I'd be the worst kind of lowlife if I were wrong![/quote]
I meant what I said about buying one off you and Mods have cleared you for trade so to speak. Oh and BTW you can buy used off Amazon, they advertised used & new prices with each item.
[url="http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss_w_h_/203-2309090-2483956?initialSearch=1&url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=swiss+army+knife&Go.x=9&Go.y=13&Go=Go"]Look![/url]

Edited by stewblack

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='76301' date='Oct 19 2007, 07:32 AM']reporting the other guy would appear to be the easy and straight forward option. However, though I am 99.99% certain it has to be as a result of him (things just fit), I'd be the worst kind of lowlife if I were wrong![/quote]
Guilty until proven innocent - tell him you are gonna stitch him up and make him convince you not to :)

+1 for amazon marketplace