Why become a member? ×

Band members

hitchy64

I'm just going to have a moan and get this off my chest !!!
I'v known my drummer for about a year now, we started off this band with two of his mates, who have both left early on.
We have had alot of members in the band over the past year, mainly because they were ( according to the drummer) crap, did'nt fit or did'nt like Status Quo!!
The problem is that now we have a good lineup, still only have 8 songs after a year because of all the people coming and going, and he is starting to moan about guys in the band again.
We have booked a gig for 12th Feb and agreed a setlist, but at last Tuesday's rehearsal threw a wobbler and walked out. The guy is doing my head in, nothing is ever right and he's so negetive about everything!!
It was our singers last gig on saturday and their drummer is f***in ace, and is interested in joining us :-)
If we stay with this guy we are not going anywhere, I think we are going to have to politley tell him to f*** off!!
What do you think???
Cheers Hitchy

we kinda had the same issues, my drummer (and brother-in-law) and his pal started the band im in. he then inlisted me and my other pal steven for bass, guitar and vox.

6 months into this new band we only had about 5 songs we could probably get through due to the founding member (guitarist) not learning songs cos he just wanted to jam and assumed audiences would be happy to listen to an hour and a half blues jam.

our rehersals always ended in empty words cos we were not happy, eventually the other guitarist said enoughs enough, we wont make it as a band unless we sort these issues, 7 days later we were a trio and 6 months after that we have 30 songs and have had about 6 gigs.

Now this is my first real and gigging band, but I have to agree that it has to be fun, this aint going to keep me and my family in my house so it is only the enjoyment that should keep you interested

although it seems like you already have your mind made up and your now looking for reassurance (dont we all), I say speak to the new drummer make sure he is the man for the job and then advise your intentions.

its not a nice thing to do but if you want to gig in february then you have to do it.

keep me informed dude by pm or something

[quote name='hitchy64' post='690445' date='Dec 21 2009, 10:27 AM']I had a tx off our drummer this morning and he's thrown in the towl !!!
Time to move on with this other drummer, he is really good and he is only 18 years old!!! :)[/quote]

Probably the best solution you could have wished for.

BTW there's [i]nothing wrong[/i] with teh Quo - Lancaster/Coghlan were one of the tightest rhythm sections going.

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='690459' date='Dec 21 2009, 10:49 AM']I have agree with the rest, if your drummer likes Status Quo get rid.[/quote]

Our drummer is ex Status Quo, with them for 14 years (Jeff Rich), a very nice guy and excellent drummer.

Jeff also has worked with Climax Blues Band, Judie Tzuke and Def Leppard.

[quote name='steantval' post='690980' date='Dec 21 2009, 08:46 PM']Our drummer is ex Status Quo, with them for 14 years (Jeff Rich), a very nice guy and excellent drummer.

Jeff also has worked with Climax Blues Band, Judie Tzuke and Def Leppard.[/quote]

Thought he and Rhino were a brilliant R-Section with Judie Tzuke.

Edited by silddx