Why become a member? ×

Bongo GAS

niceguyhomer

I have recurring Bongo GAS, I have two really nice basses at the moment but every now and then I look at a Bongo and well, it's a bit like Close Encounters when they keep seeing the shape of the mountain and come over all peculiar, I get drawn towards them.

I hate the look of them but having owned two - a 4HH and a 5HS, I can quite categorically state that for me and the way I play, there's nothing better sounding and easier to play than the proverbial and much maligned toilet seat at full throttle.

Had to share that.......

na, didn't work, I still want one :)

Best looking Bongo I ever saw......

I love the shape, I'm just not into the mad colours, so natural like the one above would be awesome.

Surely a Bongo 5HH is the only bass anyone could ever really need? (edit; yes I know this one is an HS) Edited by Rayman

[quote name='Rayman' post='638141' date='Oct 27 2009, 04:37 PM']

Best looking Bongo I ever saw......

I love the shape, I'm just not into the mad colours, so natural like the one above would be awesome.

Surely a Bongo 5HH is the only bass anyone could ever really need? (edit; yes I know this one is an HS)[/quote]

no, a 4HS is all you ever need

:)

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='638195' date='Oct 27 2009, 05:23 PM']I have the same problem with the Bongo... I play an Overwater and whenever I play a Bongo I think 'its not as nice as my Overwater'... yet the though of a Bongo 6 is so exciting I come over all funny![/quote]

That new 6 makes me positively moist.

MB1. :)
I cant believe the designers at BMW designed this... and didnt realise it looks like a toilet seat!...However! ive never played one....(a toilet seat or a bongo! :rolleyes: )....If Your telling me its an Earthmover... so to speak!... i'll have to take your word for it! :lol:

...would love to try one!

Edited by MB1

[quote name='stefboltonfc' post='638354' date='Oct 27 2009, 07:21 PM']I'm going to sound like such a tool here... but what the hell is a GAS?

*embarrassed face* I'll hide in the corner and wait for the laughing to commence.[/quote]

MB1. :)
.....GAS stands for Gear Acquisition Syndrome!...Bassically! :rolleyes:

[quote name='Paul_C' post='638149' date='Oct 27 2009, 04:48 PM']no, a 4HS is all you ever need

:rolleyes:[/quote]

I hear that!

Fookin' love this bass.

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='638884' date='Oct 28 2009, 10:52 AM']Egyptian Smoke for me. :)[/quote]

I hear that!

Bloody love this finish.

Edited by Duarte

I love Bongos. My 5HH was awesome, except the string spacing was a wee bit too tight for my sausage fingers. Along came Kerr with his 4HH (in EXACTLY the same finish) and a short round trip on the ferry to Scotland and now I'm as happy as the proverbial pig...