Why become a member? ×

Show Us Your Rig

acidbass

[quote name='ped' post='2210' date='May 19 2007, 02:29 PM']Nice one Luke! Am I dreaming of did you come and buy that cab from me a while back? I seem pretty sure you did[/quote]

Yes, That is your old 410XL mate! Still a blindingly good cab, just need it to be about 30 Kilos lighter and then I can carry two to a gig.... :)

Loving the Tech 4x10 cab - previously Dood's?

Really liked those cabs, might well invest in a pair, but will need to wait quite a while before I get the cash together. If I can find an Epiphani UL410 or 310 I might just change my mind though...

Thought I'd show mine, as I've not had a picture of it all together before:

Shuker Single Cut 5 into Eden WT400 into Schroeder 1212L (debadged as sometimes I run it the other way up, and occasionally I'm a sucker for aesthetics!)

Nice, small, loud and very easy to cart about, probably 60lbs tops for the amp and cab.

Might look into getting a Aphex Punch Factory again at some point, works really well in live settings.

Rich

Edited by RichBowman

[quote name='wizbat' post='4073' date='May 22 2007, 12:28 AM']The guys in the band said they couldn,t hear me!!!![/quote]

I bet they now fear for every note you play in anger, just in case they crap out thier intestines from the sheer wall of tube driven Bass that hits them in the face when you play.

I bet the crowd get blasted onto the back wall with a rig like that!

Nice setup though. I bet your guitarist hates you :)

[quote name='parker_muse' post='3990' date='May 21 2007, 10:55 PM']Isn't this merely a 'lets give the newies who haven't got money or a big rig GAS' thread?[/quote]
Yes, yes it is. Well, in fact, it's a "let's give everyone GAS" thread. I'm beginning to feel like I need a Marbass rig or something ickle at the mo.... Or an Ampeg stack. Or maybe an Eden thingy.

Programming it isn't that hard if you're used to wee clicky MIDI button things. I haven't quite got my head around the PC Editor app that they give away for it, but it does seem to work. My main gripe is that the programs are not organised into banks of 10, just one long list from 1-99. With my present floor controller (8-way Rolls MP80) this makes life difficult.

That all said, how much practical use 100-amps-in-a-box are on stage is another question, I've a strong suspicion I'll settle on 1-3 variations & leave it at that.

Tonally it's hard to judge at the moment until I can wind it right up - should know more in a month or so.

Pete.

[quote name='elliotminor' post='5217' date='May 23 2007, 05:34 PM']My first gig with my new amp head (db750) at the Cockpit, Leeds. I kept having to turn down.

[/quote]

How fat is the neck on those ATK basses? i think i want one, but im not so sure.

[quote name='Ant' post='5389' date='May 23 2007, 09:51 PM']How fat is the neck on those ATK basses? i think i want one, but im not so sure.[/quote]

what is the 'standard' set of neck dimensions? I mean, how do you measure a neck? Is it circumference and width?

Anyway, it's not 'C' shape. A regular Fender player picked up my bass the other day and found the neck really weird to play. Will post a more informative post at some point, about to leave for a gig in High Wicombe (sp.?), 5 or 6 hour drive.

Ed

[quote name='Rich' post='2518' date='May 19 2007, 09:40 PM']Status, Shuker, Trantec wireless, Euphonic Audio iAmp350 head, Nemesis 2x10 and 1x15 cabs, Trace Elliot compressor, Boss volume pedal, Korg tuner.
Fairly soon the EA head will be going into a 4U case along with a newer Trantec receiver and an old Yamaha FX500 ½-rack FX unit.
[/quote]

This looks like my cup of tea!

Mine currently (below). ABM EVO II 300 and ABM Mini 15. Perfectly adequate and more importantly, easy to store and transport. Wouldn't mind adding a [b]light[/b] 210 or a mini 48. I leave the telly at home generally and the cheap bit of telly bench has been skipped and replaced with a nice chest of drawers. They'd be good for raising the cab to head height but the mrs won't let me leave the house with them

[quote name='overwater#1' post='5811' date='May 24 2007, 03:16 PM']

Trace Elliot!!!!! :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: AH400SMX, 1048, 1153, Early (70's?) GP11 1x15 combo...[/quote]

No, early 80's mate. Not sure there's anything in existance from the '70s, they only really started up 1978 IIRC?

But anyhoo, lovely :)

Some very sweet rigs so far, my little addition:

[url="http://entertainment.webshots.com/photo/2813928800056487155iNNIgs"][/url]

[url="http://entertainment.webshots.com/photo/2591694900056487155EaIgxS"][/url]

GK 1001 and Neo 212. Thats the gig rig, not shown is the small rig (same but a 112) and the big rig, both cabs powered by the full 1hp from the amp. Super little rig (when I can get away with it) is an MXR M80+ DI.

Jack.

Best current snap (in rehearsal room last night) . . .

Hankering after a Peavey Tour 450 + TVX 410 4ohm cab lately.

Damn you poverty!

Haha! Luke - that Yamaha keyboard looks identical to the one I play our piano/organ bits on. Even in gigs. I got it (in Argos! :) ) for my wife to mess around with, but now my band has comissioned it. Lidl were doing it for €100 last year! No-one has yet laughed at it, which continues to bewilder me. Such a non-professional keyboard to gig with. Still, it does the job.

Mark