Why become a member? ×

Madness

yorick

We do Our House and It must be love as per the originals.
Nothing tricky about the tunings at all.
there are some resonably accurate tabs here to get you started.
[url="http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/madness_tabs.htm"]http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/madness_tabs.htm[/url]

Edited by lonestar

Why is bedders never interviewed in Bass guitar mags!?

If I get the editor of Bass magzines E-mail address - whose up for filling up his in box with requests for the underated Madness four-stringer to get the in depth interview he so richly deserves I am fed up with reading interviews with American Bass virtuosos lets get some good old influential British boys interviewed!!!!!!!!!

Steve.

[quote name='bassatnight' post='612806' date='Sep 30 2009, 10:25 AM']Why is bedders never interviewed in Bass guitar mags!?[/quote]

Funnily enough when I saw this thread I was immediately reminded of a 90s interview in the sadly defunct Bassist magazine with him. The quote that always stood out in my mind was him saying that he had to try and make all his basslines sound a bit funny.

[quote name='bassatnight' post='612806' date='Sep 30 2009, 10:25 AM']Why is bedders never interviewed in Bass guitar mags!?

If I get the editor of Bass magzines E-mail address - whose up for filling up his in box with requests for the underated Madness four-stringer to get the in depth interview he so richly deserves I am fed up with reading interviews with American Bass virtuosos lets get some good old influential British boys interviewed!!!!!!!!!

Steve.[/quote]

Add it to the BGM thread ...
I lourve his basslines and sound ..

[quote name='BurritoBass' post='612809' date='Sep 30 2009, 10:29 AM']The quote that always stood out in my mind was him saying that he had to try and make all his basslines sound a bit funny.
[quote name='JJTee' post='612953' date='Sep 30 2009, 01:35 PM']
House of Fun is fantastic in particular.[/quote][/quote]

House of Fun is one of my favourite bass lines ever, it's nuts. And a near 100%-perfect pop song.

Maybe it's a black on black Fender* Precision with maple neck thing, but I always loved Mark Bedford's tone. I say a black on black Fender* Precision with maple neck thing because that's also what Bruce Foxton was using, and I loved his tone as well!

* Other brands may also have been used!

[quote name='tarcher' post='613121' date='Sep 30 2009, 05:22 PM']Pure Joy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

They don't make em like that anymore. :rolleyes:[/quote]

Can you imagine how much fun it must've been to be in that band at its peak? Bloody hell.

They were knocking out top 10 fodder like it was nothing, and having a proper bark doing it. I've never been so jealous.

Some good b'lines to be had with Madness, found house of fun interesting. In Tru Steppaz we do The Prince (very easy), Nightboat to Cairo & One step Beyond (Prince buster) in our set.

Edited by Rasta