Why become a member? ×

How Many is too many?

Bass_Widow

[quote name='Bass_Widow' post='63148' date='Sep 20 2007, 03:36 PM']My husband is addicted to bass. I shan't say how many he has (partly because I can't remember). At what point should I be concerned that there soon won't be any space in the house to sleep?

:)[/quote]

You shouldn't be concerned at all. Just bear in mind that while the bass player in your life is happy it's likely to be reflected in your relationship, [i]and[/i] he's less likely to be getting involved in other more pointless time (and money) wasting exercises.

PS. Could you stop off at the supermarket and pick us up some milk on the way home? Cheers. :huh:

[quote name='cetera' post='63160' date='Sep 20 2007, 03:46 PM']You can never have too many. It's personal choice....

How many pairs of shoes/handbags etc do you have...? :huh:[/quote]

1 pair of shoes, one pair of trainers and a pair of straps!

My husband also has a fetish for shoes to match his basses..... :)

[quote name='Alpha-Dave' post='63194' date='Sep 20 2007, 04:48 PM']Not if he's playing to 1000+ people per gig, or plays in a themed band.

If it's for noodeling at home it may be an issue.[/quote]

Both......

See I personally think if he's going to buy 'colour' basses and hang them on the wall they should fit in with the decor....

He has a very garish purple signiture bass.... doesn't really fit anywhere in the house. :)

[quote name='Alpha-Dave' date='Sep 20 2007, 04:48 PM' post='63194']
Not if he's playing to 1000+ people per gig, or plays in a themed band.

If it's for noodeling at home it may be an issue.

MB1. :)
Themed Band?....like village people?You will know us by the trail of the dead?eh?

I've only one bass right now, and unless I'm gigging, I don't see the point in having more, fretless/upright maybe if you like that too but anything else is just obsession for a bedroom bassist. If he's just playing at home and not doing anything else with it, you shouldn't put up with it, unless you've got an endless supply of space and money, but I expect you don't lol, in which case there's always gonna be more important, more constructive things to spend money on.