Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Musicman Stingray 5 fretless, EBONY BOARD.

Shockwave

Yeah so i just got the Musicman fretless because i thought i would get on with them better then my current fretless. Turns out i do not!

This bass has very low action with plenty of travel on the truss rod either way.

Heres the Blurb.

[quote]Purchased in 1992 and owned by the original buyer since this is a great example of a fretless five string Musicman Stingray. The original Pau Ferro fingerboard was changed in 1993 by John Diggins of JD to the current beautiful piece of Ebony with maple stained fret markers and high polish polyester finish. The fingerboard has been re-polished since it was originally fitted and the whole bass is in very good condition with no missing paint finish and no rust on the fittings. The back of the highly figured bird's eye maple neck has been finished in a high polish finish to match the fingerboard. The unique bass has a wonderful feel and tone due to the Ebony fingerboard. This bass comes with the original fitted hard case.[/quote]

Anyway, i am asking 900 quid which includes shipping, which is what i paid for it from bass direct on Wednesday, own something a bit different and special!

I prefer pickup from bristol as always. Prices are not firm, but i wont come down very much, i have only just bought this and worth the money considering the looks and uniqueness.

Rob.

[quote name='steve-soar' post='571124' date='Aug 16 2009, 10:16 PM']Rob, please take my advice, get a better amp and just use the one bass for the next 4 weeks, stop battering your brain. :)[/quote]

Give me the money for a better amp then :rolleyes: Anyway, i'll be trying all your amps out at bassbash, by then i'll have the money to by a decent amp :lol:

[quote name='bubinga5' post='571133' date='Aug 16 2009, 10:22 PM']Rob dont do it!! this bass is amazing!!!! give it more time bro..this has got to be record..[/quote]

No record! I have done worse :)

I need to move the basses on if i want to get TradFusions Pedulla :rolleyes:

[quote name='bubinga5' post='571142' date='Aug 16 2009, 10:30 PM']I see where your coming from..that Pedulla is lovely.[/quote]

Apart from the Bartolinis, pedulla seem to really gel with me, I love my current pedulla alot. I had many tempting offers to sell it but i never took them up. I wanted to give another decent fretless a shot. I have and now decided on the pedulla. The necks just right for me :)

Rob.

[quote name='bubinga5' post='571133' date='Aug 16 2009, 10:22 PM']Rob dont do it!! this bass is amazing!!!! give it more time bro..[/quote]

+1 Rob, that is an awesome bass, I've owned one and I can't imagine the Pedulla you're after will sound a whole lot better (ir sure won't look anything like as good). If I had the cash (or at least hadn't comitted it recently) I would have that from you in a flash.

Chris

[quote name='Musicman20' post='571598' date='Aug 17 2009, 01:38 PM']Seriously, that is stunning. Give it more time!

Stingrays are amazing instruments, and that is one special looking Stingray.[/quote]

I have already made my decision i reckon :)

More pics!

[quote name='doctor_of_the_bass' post='572403' date='Aug 17 2009, 11:39 PM']This really is a stunning bass, having had a feel of it at Bass Direct - its mwaaah central! Shame that its not staying with you but someone will be very happy! Shame I'm having to rummage through dustbins for food at present!!!

Nick[/quote]

I'm sure you could sell something if you really wanted it :) :rolleyes:

[quote name='dub_junkie' post='572447' date='Aug 18 2009, 12:10 AM']I'm sure you could sell something if you really wanted it :rolleyes: :lol:[/quote]

MB1. :)
....the Garden Fence Perhaps Nick! :lol:

Edited by MB1