Why become a member? ×

Do I Do

Pete Academy

This is one of the best bass parts ever - Stevie's 'Do I Do'. How good is this guy playing it?!

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpR3LkxXDwA&feature=PlayList&p=8D53289086AEAFD4&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=16"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpR3LkxXDwA...PL&index=16[/url]

[quote name='bubinga5' post='553127' date='Jul 27 2009, 08:06 PM']Wonderfull, amazing, fantastic...My favorite of all Stevie's songs...Love the build up of the brass section in it...Lovely bass playing Pete..

Nate Watts is really flying around the FB through it.. Good call.[/quote]

We seem to be on the same wavelength where music is concerned.

I always think im getting good and some bastard blows me out the water. Sometimes i wish you tube had not been invented,ive just got a norman watt roy bass line nailed and now i have to learn this. :)

Edited by YouMa

[quote name='~tl' post='553129' date='Jul 27 2009, 08:08 PM']Great tune. Another one for the "to make a very bad attempt at learning" list...[/quote]

It's now on mine too. Having taken a large part of my adult life trying nail Sir Duke and I wish this should keep me busy for a while.
Anyone got a tab?

This is definitely another one for the melting pot! +1 to whoever said about learning these tunes one after the other - I've only just finished with Rhythm Stick and before that, it was Sir Duke!

Oh well, keep them coming, it only improves our playing at the end of the day really :)

Danny

[quote name='acidbass' post='553475' date='Jul 28 2009, 04:13 AM']Oh well, keep them coming, it only improves our playing at the end of the day really :)[/quote]

Some of my favourites from the "bizarrely bouncy ska-ish" genre:

Two from Matt Freeman...

One from Bedders...

One from Eric Wilson...

And one Tony Kanal...

Edited by thisnameistaken

[quote name='lemmywinks' post='553165' date='Jul 27 2009, 08:41 PM']Is there a decent transcription anywhere? Bit of a daunting task to transcribe it myself[/quote]

There was a partial transcription in April 2006's Bass Player mag (long time ago, I know!). I think it included the basic verse part and middle 8 but not the fancy little unison fill with the horns - best part of whole bl***dy song IMO!!

Anyway if I can still find a copy I'll try and scan it...