Why become a member? ×

could you help with my dissertation

musicman1

hi i am trying to get some people to fill out my dissertation for my college its about Effects pedal thanks rob
[url="http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=_2bhyNRLvZIDPO32drXfY9SA_3d_3d"]http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=_2bh...2drXfY9SA_3d_3d[/url]

Edited by musicman1

Filled it out.

Not a brilliant survey, barring a couple of errors such as "disposable" rather than "disposal".
The question about "improving" tone is wrong and you've already mentioned the negative tone alterting aspects (which I presume you're thinking of loss of low end), perhaps it should be reworded to mention it won't be detrimental to your tone like other pedals can be.

Edited by Buzz

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='538146' date='Jul 11 2009, 08:34 PM']I'm about to start mine. Any help would be appreciated. The title:

A history of feminism in social work[/quote]
I'll do the survey later, however Greeneking - you could do worse than having a look at the work of Sue Wise and Liz Stanley - the former is very strong on the social work aspect, the latter on Feminist and Lesbian epistemology. Right on with the survey...

Right - survey done - it looks like market and product development research? Musicman 1: take care with leading questions, assumptions, and missing options.

Edited by lozbass

[quote name='lozbass' post='538190' date='Jul 11 2009, 10:51 PM']I'll do the survey later, however Greeneking - you could do worse than having a look at the work of Sue Wise and Liz Stanley - the former is very strong on the social work aspect, the latter on Feminist and Lesbian epistemology. Right on with the survey...

Right - survey done - it looks like market and product development research? Musicman 1: take care with leading questions, assumptions, and missing options.[/quote]

Sue Wise is my dissertation supervisor as it happens :). The Liz Stanley recommendation is appreciated.

Many thanks

Peter

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='538146' date='Jul 11 2009, 08:34 PM']What a good idea and I hope your dissy goes well.

I'm about to start mine. Any help would be appreciated. The title:

A history of feminism in social work

Seriously :)

Survey done[/quote]

I am absolutely 100% certain my other half will help you with this no problem!!! :rolleyes:

andy

Done the survey but IMHO very poorly written and lacks professionalism. As well as the numerous spelling errors, you ask the question, do you have loop bypass, or do you know what one is. I ticked no - then had to answer more questions about the bypass with no n/a option.

Did you run this past your professors/tutors?

Regardless, happy to help. Good luck with it.

[quote name='spinynorman' post='539171' date='Jul 13 2009, 10:41 AM']This was pretty pointless once I'd answered No to the first question.[/quote]
Agreed - I take it you meant the second question - no to effects pedals..

To OP: Many of your questions make assumptions and/or miss out possible answers. Your survey has very limited reliability and validity.

[quote name='EssentialTension' post='540118' date='Jul 14 2009, 10:53 AM']Agreed - I take it you meant the second question - no to effects pedals..

To OP: Many of your questions make assumptions and/or miss out possible answers. Your survey has very limited reliability and validity.[/quote]

Yeh - same for me. "Do you use effects", No. Bit of a problem.

[quote name='Buzz' post='540184' date='Jul 14 2009, 11:41 AM']Hmm, nice of the op to come onto BC (was last seen yesterday 11am according to his profile) and not even say "Thank you" for people doing his survey for him, let alone thanking them for constructive feedback.

Charming.[/quote]

Whoaa - making a whole load of assumptions there that are your stuff not his.

Maybe he's thinking about a reply, maybe he didn't have time to reply, maybe he's waiting for more responses, maybe he isn't an ignorant bloke at all......

This to me typifies a lot of what goes on on BC. Another member dissed! It's bollocks (imo).

It's one thing to think negative thoughts on other people to yourself based on very little evidence and quite another to publicly slate someone else with the same level of assumptiom.

Peter

Edited by GreeneKing