Why become a member? ×

Single cut bass guitars are the Devil's spawn

thepurpleblob

[quote name='jezzaboy' post='507784' date='Jun 7 2009, 09:38 PM']Jean you speak the truth! Thunderbirds are the most dissapointing basses to play as they look so sexy, sound great but are totally impractical for me.

Jez[/quote]

Lies and slander, we'll not have you slagging off T-birds here!

[quote name='markdavid' post='507843' date='Jun 7 2009, 11:15 PM']This is also horrendously ugly

[url="http://www.warwickbass.com/modules/produkte/produkt.php?submenuID=14667&katID=22140&cl=EN"]http://www.warwickbass.com/modules/produkt...22140&cl=EN[/url][/quote]

That is ugly, I really don't like the Buzzard, however it's not what I would call a single cut.

This however I think is beautiful ..

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='507927' date='Jun 8 2009, 07:31 AM']Does this mean I have an excuse to slap up a pic of my Bolin again? :rolleyes:[/quote]

It gets worse. They cut the wood out of the headstock instead of the upper bout. I'd take it back and complain if I were you :)

[quote name='dood' post='507554' date='Jun 7 2009, 03:39 PM']heh heh!! I chuckled out aloud! Tell ya what though, if the singlecut is contoured nicely, after a 2 hour gig, you do notice how much more comfy it is not to have an upper horn digging in to ya chest.[/quote]
Stop wearing your bass around your moobs then. :)

Ah. Another old argument... funny how they're all cropping up at the minute.

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='507940' date='Jun 8 2009, 08:24 AM']John that's a bit grim, having a bass hanger on the outside wall of the house ;)

That'll be for the Fender?[/quote]

:) :rolleyes: :lol:

When I built the garage it was the best door retainer I could come up with at the time!

You're right about the Fender bit though... bliddy double cuts; patooey! :D

[quote name='thepurpleblob' post='507975' date='Jun 8 2009, 09:46 AM']It gets worse. They cut the wood out of the headstock instead of the upper bout. I'd take it back and complain if I were you :)[/quote]

Now let's not sidetrack the thread... headstock designs needs a thread all of it's own! 2+2, 4 a-side, 3+1, reverse, slotted; the mind boggles.

[quote name='Mikey R' post='507793' date='Jun 7 2009, 09:51 PM']Ugly as hell!

Get a load of this toad:

Yuk!

:)[/quote]

that's a good example of how not to wind strings onto the machine heads...
there's not enough turns on the posts for a start and it just ruins the look of an expensive bass having bits of wire going off in all directions...

rather like guitarists who don't cut their strings properly and have little coils up there getting in the way...

meh...