Why become a member? ×

Overwater J Series Custom 'WITHDRAWN'

STU-SBL

Hi Guys,

Anyone who knows me will appreciate how hard this is for me and if there were any other option I'd take it. Times are hard and I was recently made redundant. Although I can keep hold of these I am in the situation where they are literally my biggest assets (apart from my house) and for that reason they need to go.

My paid gigs ended last year when I left a covers band and I sold my bass rig in order to fund the house and because of this I haven't played these much at all.

[size=3][color="#FF0000"][b]Overwater J5 Custom 5 String[/b][/color][/size]

[b]5 String 35"
Tulip Body
Beautiful Mottled Maple neck
Custom Candy Copper finish (Silver, Gold + Top Colour)
Vintage Pearl Pickguard
Hipshot Ultra Lite Tuners
Hipshot Style A Bridge (19mm spacing)
Dimarzio Ultra Jazz PU's
Indian Rosewood Board with matching rosewood binding (cut from same board... no visible fret ends)
[url="http://www.audereaudio.com/JZ3.htm"]Audere JZ3 Pre Amp[/url] (active)
[/b]

In spotless condition and has be maintained by Overwater.

[color="#FF0000"][size=3][b]Overwater J5 Custom 5 String Fretless[/b][/size][/color]

[b]5 String 35"
Mahogany Body
Figured Maple top finished in Trans Black (slightly darker in person)
Figured Maple neck
Hipshot Ultra Lite Tuners in Black
Hipshot Style A Bridge (19mm spacing) in Black
[url="http://www.nordstrandpickups.com/bass-pickups/signature/"]Nordstrand Fat Stack[/url] PU's
Ebony Board with Maple lines
[url="http://www.audereaudio.com/JZ3D.htm"]Audere JZ3D Duluxe Pre Amp[/url] (active)
[/b]

In spotless condition and has be maintained by Overwater.

At the moment I'm looking for anyone interested in these basses to get in touch to discuss price as I can provide different case, string and setup options for the right deal.

As always, any questions please get in touch: [[email protected]][b]Email[/b][/email] [b]Phone:[/b] 07734 590 583 or [b]PM[/b] me here and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Thanks

Stu

Edited by bleedproof

Wow... Really sorry to see these 2 lovely basses up for sale Stu!

Your Candy Copper fretted J5 is one of the best looking basses I have ever seen on Basschat and I'm sure, given that, it's quality and pedigree, you will have a lot of interest in it... The fretless is quite a stunner too!

Hope things improve for you and good luck with the two sales..

Nik

Having played the Candy Copper one I can say it is just a stunning instrument, possibly the best Jazz I've ever tried. It would be my first choice if I was looking for a Sadowsky and wanted a better instrument, yeah I said it you heard me.

I wish I could afford it.

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='501532' date='May 30 2009, 12:08 PM']Sorry to hear about your situation Stu - things'll pick up for you, it's just a matter of time mate.[/quote]

Thanks Alan! I've got a few things lined up and I'm still freelancing, but with a house renovation nearing completion money is tight.

[quote name='4 candles' post='501533' date='May 30 2009, 12:11 PM']Why not sell the fretless, use the cash to buy an amp. Get back out there and earn some cash through gigs[/quote]

It would be my first choice but I'm literally trying to survive at the moment, pay the mortgage and work

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='501535' date='May 30 2009, 12:12 PM']Jeez mate, I know exactly how you feel. I hope things turn around for you soon. Things are bottoming out at the moment, so thats something at least.[/quote]

Dude... I remember chatting with you the day I was waiting to find out....oh well... I'll be popping over to NZ to see you when the bank takes my house off me lol

I'm with the rest of guys on this.

So sorry to hear things aren't good for you at the moment, it's coming to something when you feel you've got no other choice than to let your pride and joy go.

Keep positive - things will get better...

PM'd

[quote name='Apothem' post='501684' date='May 30 2009, 03:31 PM']Really sorry to hear that no doubt life will serve you a good hand soon, mate

Claudio[/quote]

That's MAD!
A 5-string Jazz with 19mm spacing!

Looking at these I wouldn't mind an Overwater Jazz in the future. :)

[quote name='Kongo' post='501705' date='May 30 2009, 03:44 PM']That's MAD!
A 5-string Jazz with 19mm spacing!

Looking at these I wouldn't mind an Overwater Jazz in the future. :)[/quote]

The Hipshot bridge has adjustment side to side so you can fine tune the string spacing

Stu

[quote name='4 candles' post='501533' date='May 30 2009, 12:11 PM']Why not sell the fretless, use the cash to buy an amp. Get back out there and earn some cash through gigs[/quote]
Why not sell the fretted one, use the cash to buy an amp. Get back out there and earn some cash through gigs. :)

Seriously, though, that fretless really looks the DBs and I know from 1st hand that Overwater are uppermost in the top drawer.
Hope things work out for you Stu.

Kongo.. they really are that good...

hey stu,
im really sorry to hear about the way things are going mate...i know how much both these instruments ment to you and your bro and im really sad that you have to let them go....
i always thought it was cool that you let Chris take the fretted out to road shows etc...its a great bass and ive enjoyed the couple of times i got to have a bash....
Good luck mate,
Cheers Geoff

Hey Geoff! How's things mate?

I love both these basses and have never had a problem letting them be good examples of the Overwater J Series. My intention when having both of these built was to get the ultimate 'players bass' that could be used in all environments and gigging situations without compromise. There are without doubt the most stable basses I have and have really enjoyed owning them.

Stu

Edited by bleedproof

Stu,

I'm sitting typing this with my Overwater J sitting on my lap and believe me, I'd be feeling exactly the same way if I was in your position.

PM me a price for the fretless mate, I might be able to muster the cash if the price is right.