Why become a member? ×

Fender pb70 US

jardin9

27 minutes ago, jardin9 said:

Hey!

Been looking for one of these for a while. Do people think this is a good deal? Anyone delt with this shop before?

https://www.fenderfever.com/fender-pb-70-us-precision-bass-reissue-mij---2005---olympic-white

Cheers!

I had one of those in Daphne Blue. Really good quality and one I wish I'd kept hold of. I paid £800 for it 2 years ago and sold it for the same price about a year later.

1 hour ago, Reggaebass said:

They are a member here, you also got this to have a look through 

Just slightly worried about buying without trying is all. Definitely a quality bass from what I've heard but he still doesn't seem particularly keen on visitors so unlikely I'll be able to take a proper look at this one.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

Yeah sure, always best to try if you can, are they still not accepting visitors 

He said briefly if it's a must but thay he doesn't really have time so still too keen on visitors it seems 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ramsay777 said:

If you google "Fender Fever reviews" you'll get some feedback.

I emailed them/him about something a while back and didn't like his tone so I left it.

Yeah I just find he hasn't been responding to my questions with much detail. Asked for more pictures as there's some big looking scuffs on the bottom but he said no with no explanation, seems odd. Almost feels like I'm trying to persuade him to let me buy it at times.

• Confused 1

38 minutes ago, police squad said:

I imported one from japan in 2008, for my wife. An excellent bass it is too. She still has it but it's been unplayed since her Bravewood arrived 11 years ago

That's a shame because they do look amazing! Don't suppose she fancies selling it... 🤣

24 minutes ago, jardin9 said:

Yeah I just find he hasn't been responding to my questions with much detail. Asked for more pictures as there's some big looking scuffs on the bottom but he said no with no explanation, seems odd. Almost feels like I'm trying to persuade him to let me buy it at times.

leave it then mate

• Like 2

I visited the store about three weeks ago after seeing a bass on their website I fancied trying (a ‘79 Gibson Thunderbird). I telephoned in the morning and was over there a short while afterwards as I’m only about half-hour’s drive away. 

The guy I dealt with couldn’t have been nicer. The Thunderbird didn’t really work for me, but I stuck around and had a plonk on some of the other basses he had - there was a short scale Japanese Jazz Bass that was cool, and not something I’d seen before, along with a host of other interesting pieces - and also had a good old natter into the bargain. 

All in all, it was a positive and enjoyable experience… 

19 hours ago, jardin9 said:

Hey!

Been looking for one of these for a while. Do people think this is a good deal? Anyone delt with this shop before?

https://www.fenderfever.com/fender-pb-70-us-precision-bass-reissue-mij---2005---olympic-white

Cheers!

I had the lefty version, very, very nice bass. I'd say that's a decent price too, everywhere else seems to want a lot closer to £1000 for MIJ basses these days. Mine had a solid neck but not too thick and chunky, decent hardware, great clarity of sound. I'd snap that up if I were right handed with £825 to spend on a p bass.

I've had two of these (at different periods) in my time.

Bought relatively cheap and sold relatively cheap.

Both were oly white and both were incredibly nice instruments.

Only sold the last one when I got a a 78 Precision in the same colour scheme, which weighs the same as a small dwelling.

Probably should have kept it anyways.

Don't think you will be disappointed if you end up pulling the trigger on it

Here's a pic with one from back in the day.

Note the presence of hair and the absence of a second chin...

Screenshot_20240420_192001_Facebook.jpg

Edited by basshead56
  • Haha 1

I bought a bass from them a few years back and would recommend them, had a play on a few others while there and the shop is full of really nice MIJ gear - it's like Aladdin's cave! The bass was also really nicely setup, it probably had the lowest action I've ever had on a bass.

The PB70's are really nice, the necks are superb and they sound great. I'll keep an eye out for the new bass day thread 😃

• Like 1

On 21/04/2024 at 08:15, Reggaebass said:

Hi @jardin9, have you seen the one recently listed on the Fretboard, might be of interest to you 

Yes I did come across that one! This one isn't too far from me so might go and take a look!

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/04/2024 at 11:20, jardin9 said:

Hey!

Cheers!

this popped up on eBay 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/166741111138?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=r-2DIzGHQda&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=Rn8UiLvPR9K&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY