Why become a member? ×

Can someone explain C247?

Having hell of a job finding clear information on what C247 is. There are zillions of sites that claim to be c247.whatever. These seem to includes finance, mobile phone, recruitment and security companies.

I am not going to fill in a registration form with sensitive details untilI know who and what I'm signing up for.

Is it an entertainment agency or some sort of employment agencyvthat also deals with with bouncers and pizza deliverers?

Google is 'not' my friend in this case, this search seems to return no useful info, for example. Do C247 have a proper website?

https://www.google.com/search?q=what+is+c247+registered&newwindow=1&client=firefox-b-m&sca_esv=a921428cb73996e2&sxsrf=ACQVn0-K-iTD0yBmQfRXkWz0vq2qdr567g:1711448339517&ei=E6ECZuGfH5-shbIPusCXqAg&start=20&sa=N

No expert in this but I have heard of workplace management software called C247.

Think it’s some SaaS based offering used by a bunch of different companies/sectors for vetting and management of employees?

Edited by tegs07

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, tegs07 said:

Exactly, that tells me absolutely nothing about how it works for band bookings, and it's entirely focused on the employer and there's no information relevant to booking an entity rather than employing an individual.

Edited by Stub Mandrel

50 minutes ago, tauzero said:

I think it's a payment system like Event UK. Just messaged our drummer to ask him.

My guess is some pubs use it to employ staff and somehow expect it to work for hiring bands - I can't see (or find out) how this works.

On 26/03/2024 at 10:26, Stub Mandrel said:

Having hell of a job finding clear information on what C247 is.

Oh come on Stubbs, it's between C246* and C248.**

* a Latvian railway locomotive

** a navigation buoy off Porthcawl

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Shockingly awful example of a business website, that assumes any visitor already knows what they do. And doesn’t tell you in plain English anyway. Plus none of the links in the footer, including T&C’s,and Privacy policy, which are mandatory on a business site, go no-where. I’ll give it the benefit of the doubt and suggest it’s a website under development and shouldn’t really be live. 

16 hours ago, Cliff Edge said:

Shockingly awful example of a business website, that assumes any visitor already knows what they do. And doesn’t tell you in plain English anyway. Plus none of the links in the footer, including T&C’s,and Privacy policy, which are mandatory on a business site, go no-where. I’ll give it the benefit of the doubt and suggest it’s a website under development and shouldn’t really be live. 

That's shocking for a company whose aim seems to be supplying hr services...

17 hours ago, Cliff Edge said:

Plus none of the links in the footer, including T&C’s,and Privacy policy, which are mandatory on a business site, go no-where. I’ll give it the benefit of the doubt and suggest it’s a website under development and shouldn’t really be live. 

I'd dob them in to the relevant authority.

• Haha 1

On 28/03/2024 at 11:56, Phil Starr said:

Oh come on C is 262, Bis 247Hz maybe the pub only employ guitarists who tune to Eb :)

C0 = 16.35Hz
C1 = 32.7Hz
C2 = 65.4Hz
C247 = 3.7 x 10^75 Hz

Slightly above the range of human hearing, and probably won't be reproduced too faithfully by the average PA speaker.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I was intrigued enough to visit the software company's site:  https://www.opusapeiro.com/

They seem to be focused on software to collect costs from subcontractors and suppliers. Taking out the BS about data driven analytics etc, then they appear to offer a SaaS based service for companies to control supplier costs by getting suppliers and contractors to submit invoices directly on this system.  Not inherently a bad thing, and I think the  C247 (Contractors 24/7 maybe) site holds the forms tailored for that.

It reminds be a bit of Green King (I think it was), who use their Concurr employee expenses system as invoice remittance for bands. Concurr is bloody awful for employees and should never be foisted on suppliers. This looks like a better attempt to solve the same problem - but the company does need to get its act together on the communication and legal side, no matter how good the software is.

So should whoever is asking you to use this actually,  as it is the pub/club/ whatever who are asking you to fill in the form and therefore are legally the data processor with OpusAperio being another processor on their behalf.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Richard R said:

It reminds be a bit of Green King (I think it was), who use their Concurr employee expenses system as invoice remittance for bands. Concurr is bloody awful for employees and should never be foisted on suppliers. This looks like a better attempt to solve the same problem - but the company does need to get its act together on the communication and legal side, no matter how good the software is.

Ah Concur! I work with financial systems for the day-job, and this can work well when implemented properly. Card transactions appearing automatically, integration with the accountancy system etc.

However, Greene King's use of it to pay bands is horrible. We only play one of their venues, and the process is unnecessarily complex - far from intuitive! I understand these large chains need proper governance and the days of cash from the till are long gone, but the way they've shoe-horned an employee expense system to handle is little more than a bodge.

George

• Like 1