Why become a member? ×

new Rush tribute, Invisible Airwaves

toneknob

• toneknob changed the title to new Rush tribute, Invisible Airwaves

I saw a touring Italian Rush trib called 'La Villa Strangiato' last year, they were excellent right up until the guitarist's rig completely went on the fritz. These guys are just as good in every way. If they come to my neck of the woods, I'd definitely go check them out. Hopefully by then the vocalist won't need to crib the lyrics off a tablet. :lol: That bass tone is absolutely spot on.

As an aside, my first band at school was called 'Emotional Feedback'. We weren't a Rush trib, we just liked the name. I suspect this bunch are rather better than we were.

Edited by Rich
  • Like 1

Musically bang on, tho the singer sounds like he's right at the very top of his comfort range - here's a different approach that I like (tho IMHO, YMMV, etc) - again, musically bang on, and a girl singist works for me...  

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Rich said:

@toneknob, is this your band? 

As hard as I have tried I could never sustain a beard of that magnitude (he's also a better bass player than me when it comes to Rush, despite me having a GL sig Jazz, 70s Ricky 4001, Geddy preamp pedal and endless enthusiasm for the music)

Full disclosure: the singer is a good friend and one of the nicest guys there are, and fronts up more heavy rock covers acts in south-west London than I could possibly remember. I'll be sending on your reviews.

Edited by toneknob
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Muzz said:

Musically bang on, tho the singer sounds like he's right at the very top of his comfort range - here's a different approach that I like (tho IMHO, YMMV, etc) - again, musically bang on, and a girl singist works for me...  

I do quite like YYNOT, and while I appreciate Tim Starace's playing his tone always seems a bit tinny for me, even through decent headphones. I think I prefer Rocky Kuner as a vocalist as well, but there's not much in it.

19 minutes ago, toneknob said:

As hard as I have tried I could never sustain a beard of that magnitude (he's also a better bass player than me when it comes to Rush, despite me having a GL sig Jazz, 70s Ricky 4001, Geddy preamp pedal and endless enthusiasm for the music)

Full disclosure: the singer is a good friend and one of the nicest guys there are, and fronts up more heavy rock covers acts in south-west London than I could possibly remember. I'll be sending on your reviews.

Ah yes.... It's Tamas isn't it?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, asingardenof said:

I do quite like YYNOT, and while I appreciate Tim Starace's playing his tone always seems a bit tinny for me, even through decent headphones. I think I prefer Rocky Kuner as a vocalist as well, but there's not much in it.

The only stuff of YYNOT's I've heard is live, I'd imagine in a more controlled environment like the OP's vid the actual sounds might be closer...

• 4 weeks later...

I didn't see this thread until I googled us to find the link for the tickets to our gig haha

I'm the bass player in this band (Invisible Airwaves)!

Thanks for all the nice comments guys. Lovely to hear.

And can confirm, Tamas is a very cool guy  :D

Maybe see some of you in June!

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Hemibass said:

I didn't see this thread until I googled us to find the link for the tickets to our gig haha

I'm the bass player in this band (Invisible Airwaves)!

Thanks for all the nice comments guys. Lovely to hear.

And can confirm, Tamas is a very cool guy  :D

Maybe see some of you in June!

Thanks for stopping by! For the gear nerds among us, can you run through your rig?

• Like 2

I have been planning on doing a full rig rundown on my Youtube channel for a while but I have a new bass on order and kind of want to wait until that arrives before I make the video, but I can quickly list my gear here if you are interested.

My main bass is a MIJ Geddy Lee Jazz bass from the mid-late 2000s, and I play that with Rotosound Swingbass66 strings. I have a Tech-21 GED-2112 Sansamp and a Trace Elliot GP12X  (distorted sound and clean sound) which I blend to get the bass sound I want. Those go into a Palmer PDI-05 speaker simulator. It's a similar setup to what Geddy used in the Test for Echo era, which is my favourite tone of his.

Here is my Youtube for anyone interested: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4dlAoqg21GSUqNZX3GuA9w

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Hemibass said:

I have been planning on doing a full rig rundown on my Youtube channel for a while but I have a new bass on order and kind of want to wait until that arrives before I make the video, but I can quickly list my gear here if you are interested.

My main bass is a MIJ Geddy Lee Jazz bass from the mid-late 2000s, and I play that with Rotosound Swingbass66 strings. I have a Tech-21 GED-2112 Sansamp and a Trace Elliot GP12X  (distorted sound and clean sound) which I blend to get the bass sound I want. Those go into a Palmer PDI-05 speaker simulator. It's a similar setup to what Geddy used in the Test for Echo era, which is my favourite tone of his.

Here is my Youtube for anyone interested: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4dlAoqg21GSUqNZX3GuA9w

The GED 2112 is an awesome bit of kit

• Like 1