Why become a member? ×

Winyard Basses

FunkyDude

From what I understand they're a local builder close to Bass Bros.

I had a quick go on one in Will's showroom a while ago (a sort of a Norman Watt-Roy inspired P Bass with relic finish). Build quality and weight were really good. The neck was like a baseball bat though, so a bit too big for me but well put together nonetheless. 

• Like 1

What the hell does 'world-leading pickups' mean?  Leading the world in what exactly?!  I'm blaming my age, but the nonsensical bo**ocks that is employed in the name of marketing and that is so ubiquitous these days is really starting to grind my gears...

• Like 3

They look great, nothing original as many others doing this, but man I wish regular scale & weight basses were an option, I’d love one of their P4 Blackheart basses (going by looks of course).

Edit - They are pricey though.

Edited by Lozz196

3 hours ago, BassApprentice said:

Some cool paint designs which I guess separates them from others.

Coming up 2025-2125: A new Paintera collection every year!

Reverb ad 2050:

A rare Paintera available, 100 000 made, but only 50 in this particular colour.

2 hours ago, Lozz196 said:

They look great, nothing original as many others doing this, but man I wish regular scale & weight basses were an option, I’d love one of their P4 Blackheart basses (going by looks of course).

Edit - They are pricey though.

Made in UK, means expensive! 😂

On 13/01/2024 at 12:41, Old Horse Murphy said:

From what I understand they're a local builder close to Bass Bros.

I had a quick go on one in Will's showroom a while ago (a sort of a Norman Watt-Roy inspired P Bass with relic finish). Build quality and weight were really good. The neck was like a baseball bat though, so a bit too big for me but well put together nonetheless. 

I hand-carve and shape every neck, so you can custom-order whatever fits.  Happy to measure up your favourite bass neck and replicate that too.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, WinyardGuy said:

I hand-carve and shape every neck, so you can custom-order whatever fits.  Happy to measure up your favourite bass neck and replicate that too.

Do you make 5 string basses, under 8bs?

Struggling to remember, but aside from my old Aria (which I still own) my only other Fender copy was a £65 Columbus Jazz Bass that I started out on. Reckon that taught me enough about how little the difference was between cheap copies and the real thing.

Fast forward 40-odd years and we're at the point where there's the real thing and some very expensive copies.  I honestly don't get why people will pay equivalent Fender money for a Limelight and then put a Fender decal in it.  WTAF?

I can see Winyard have posted here, credit to them, but how anyone expect people to shell out £2k+ on a Precision bass copy is beyond me, especially considering anyone who is adept enough with drill and screwdriver could put together something similar from parts for £200-300 and then dragged behind a car for a mile or two.  Don't get me started on tonewoods; most people here couldn't tell the difference between ash or alder.

• Like 1