Why become a member? ×

Please remove

edstraker123

[quote name='steve-soar' post='485649' date='May 12 2009, 09:51 AM']Good God man, have you taken leave of your senses? :lol:
what are you gunning for after you've sold these? :rolleyes:[/quote]

+1

You pretty much have a stack of great basses that would cover anything. :)

[quote]That jazz looks delicious! If only i could afford[/quote]

It is delicious. I play this one quite regularly round at Eds, it sounds amazing, plays lovely and I'm totally gutted I don't have the spuds to buy it. It is a total steal at that price. It's a million times better than what Fender are offering for twice as much at the moment - and no I'm not "sticking up for a mate" its the truth. I'm genuinely bitter it's going and not to me!

Good luck with the sale kev (well kind off) :)

Man i love that Shuker Throughneck!! this is the only bass i have seen for a while that i have seriously considered buying...Must resist!!!!!

i would need to sell a bass or two to justify this purchase...If only you would trade

[quote name='steve-soar' post='485649' date='May 12 2009, 09:51 AM']Good God man, have you taken leave of your senses? :rolleyes:
what are you gunning for after you've sold these? :)[/quote]

+1! thats a pretty damn serious clearout youve got going on there......

[quote name='thedontcarebear' post='485623' date='May 12 2009, 09:29 AM']I wanted that jazz when it was on his website in the stock bit! Can't really justify anything at the moment though.[/quote]

It still appears to be on the stock page, is this the same bass?

[url="http://www.shukerguitars.co.uk/stock.htm"]http://www.shukerguitars.co.uk/stock.htm[/url] (scroll to the bottom)

[quote name='Frusty' post='486591' date='May 13 2009, 07:55 AM']It still appears to be on the stock page, is this the same bass?

[url="http://www.shukerguitars.co.uk/stock.htm"]http://www.shukerguitars.co.uk/stock.htm[/url] (scroll to the bottom)[/quote]

I'm sure it is, he doesn't update the site much.

[quote name='thedontcarebear' post='486600' date='May 13 2009, 08:20 AM']I'm sure it is, he doesn't update the site much.[/quote]

I was very close to buying that about 6 months ago when I saw it in stock - I don't know if it had sold before that though. I'd have a punt on it in a flash right now if I had £500 knocking about...

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='RayFW' post='503543' date='Jun 2 2009, 09:31 AM']What's the string spacing at the bridge please?
How does this sound? I guess the EQ01 makes it very versatile but how does it fare at something like a modern Jazz sound?[/quote]

It's pretty hard to describe how the ACG's sound in my opinon they really are that versatile. The ability to blend between the pickups and use the filter pre-amp just gives you so much range. With the singlecoil pickups I'd be very suprised if you couldn't find the modern jazz tone, I can certainly find one in my Recurve be it a little wider due to the humbuckers. I'm sure Ed might be able to fill you in on that one sorry for butting in I was simply passing through still abit staggered this hasn't sold yet, every ACG I've played has been a very well finished instrument I'm bias of corse owning two but there are alot of un-bias people who agree.

Good luck with the sale.

MB1. :)
...Sexy Harlot!...Sorry!..i'll get me Coat!
....a Gabriella Drake...Moonbase Type Bump...s! :rolleyes:

Edited by MB1

I'd just like to add my ten penneth to this for sale thread. Sometimes the world doesn't make a whole lot of sense. The reality is that the quality and performance inherent in Alan's (ACG) basses is immense. The fact that NYC Sadowsky's are selling for twice what this instrument is is plain crazy. Don't get me wrong I love Sadowsky's.

Do yourselves a favour, read the reviews, get yourself over to Liverpool and try this bass (with Ed's agreement :) ).

Oh and the RKS is an amazing bass too, another bargain.

[quote name='MB1' post='503745' date='Jun 2 2009, 01:08 PM']MB1. :rolleyes:
...Sexy Harlot!...Sorry!..i'll get me Coat!
....a Gabriella Drake...Moonbase Type Bump...s! :lol:[/quote]I would love to be 20 years older, I would have moved to London in 1970, married Gabriella Drake and 39 years later, bragged about knowing Nick Drake.

:)

I once met Kurt Cobain, does that count?

Edited by steve-soar

I have to say that normally I have a real problem with single cuts, they just look 'wrong' to me somehow :)

However this design looks like it just works somehow :rolleyes:

Do you know what the string spacing at the bridge is?

Also - roughly how much does it weigh?