Why become a member? ×

PSA: Silly cheap deal on Boss SY-300 synth

fretmeister

20 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

I saw that and was very impressed. Then I did a big 'whats the difference between the sy300 and 300' and in the end couldn't justify the extra space on my board. Still seems like a good deal though

I would have though the difference between the SY-300 and SY-300 to be just about that same.

Edited by Baloney Balderdash
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yes, there are 4 FX blocks that can be used for any of the usual boss effects, although for some reason there seems to be no octaver. I guess they consider the synth  to do that job rather than an fx block.

Edited by funkydoug
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just got mine today. The pedal itself is a bit smaller than I expected, which is nice as it'll fit on my pedalboard.

Has come with a European power supply - fine, it's being powered by my Truetone power supply so that's not too much of an issue. But no USB cable to I can connect to the BOSS software? This is meant to be a £400+ pedal. I'm sure there's some people who would be fine with that, but I don't think I've got a USB type-B cable lying around, so I can't actually use the dedicated BOSS software that I'm being told to use. Unbelievably annoying.

I would say the power supply issue is bigger than the USB issue. You can get a USB cable for next to nothing at any supermarket or other shop, the adaptor required is less common and more expensive. I have about 50 usb cables around, but not sure which software you mean? I haven't tried any of that (and I doubt I would)