Why become a member? ×

Bram Stoker would be proud!

binky_bass

22 hours ago, Paul S said:

Fixed.

While there is nothing wrong in itself about the mainstream, surely as creative people (musicians) we should be prepared to look beyond. Why are so many of us seemingly afraid of standing out?

Besides I though you had me on ignore...

17 minutes ago, BigRedX said:

Besides I though you had me on ignore...

I did but took it off.  I like a laugh every now and then :D  And, in truth, I find many of your insights and experiences to be interesting and valuable. 

I have no problems with individuality at all but you seem to feel a need to ram this down everyone's throats at every given opportunity - as soon as there is talk of anything mainstream you'll wade in with yet another disaparaging post.  I'm sure all the regulars on this site get it by now, you think outside the box, so there is no need to keep on about it, really - for me it dilutes the quality of your contributions on here.  But then again I am a grumpy old curmudgeon so who gives a toss what I think.

36 minutes ago, Paul S said:

I did but took it off.  I like a laugh every now and then :D  And, in truth, I find many of your insights and experiences to be interesting and valuable. 

I have no problems with individuality at all but you seem to feel a need to ram this down everyone's throats at every given opportunity - as soon as there is talk of anything mainstream you'll wade in with yet another disaparaging post.  I'm sure all the regulars on this site get it by now, you think outside the box, so there is no need to keep on about it, really - for me it dilutes the quality of your contributions on here.  But then again I am a grumpy old curmudgeon so who gives a toss what I think.

I believe 12 rounds of bare knuckle boxing are in order to solve this dispute. Over-arm style of course. My monies on the grumpy old curmudgeon. 😆

• Haha 2

That's pretty much a sampler platter of everything I dislike about bass guitar styling.

But...

It does look beautifully made and although they are super-cheesy, I love the fret markers. 

If you're in a super-upscale Goth band, that's got to be the Gold Standard of bass luthiery. 

I guess if you like the shape and want a 7 then why not go all in? I always hated the Vampyre but it did really suit the fella from Nightwish

denmark-copenhagen-june-21-2018-nightwis

One of those basses that has the right look for the right player and gig, probably look a bit silly running through tatty old covers down the local like.

18 minutes ago, lemmywinks said:

I guess if you like the shape and want a 7 then why not go all in? I always hated the Vampyre but it did really suit the fella from Nightwish

denmark-copenhagen-june-21-2018-nightwis

One of those basses that has the right look for the right player and gig, probably look a bit silly running through tatty old covers down the local like.

I had an identical Vampyre to this a while back, it was serial number 001 confirmed to be the very first ever made by Hans P Wilfer. Regret selling it!

Screenshot_20231001_105059_AOL.thumb.jpg.0f0f3fc2a206fec0f094f2c222be5666.jpg

• Like 1

On 18/10/2023 at 22:19, dyerseve said:

Love the fact that they described [neck] as a bolt-on!

Herman.png.f363fde6674b7b183e2ae4f688438958.png

'Bolt-on' neck

Vampyre guitar

Supplied with 'Fright' case

...is Halloween due, by any chance?...

Edited by sandy_r
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...