Why become a member? ×

Fender Road Worn series - have I been had???

Duroc17

Can't help thinking that we need a list of dodgy eBay sellers here, any who felt they'd been misrepresented would be welcome to come and argue their case of course, but the same guys just keep selling tack on eBay and clearly eBay do nothing, as is the case with the cheap wombler who's the subject of this thread.

And before anyone suggests it potentially a problem for the forum to identify eBay sellers, the proliferation of threads about one particular eBay seller over the years suggests that boat has sailed? 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Beedster said:

Can't help thinking that we need a list of dodgy eBay sellers here, any who felt they'd been misrepresented would be welcome to come and argue their case of course, but the same guys just keep selling tack on eBay and clearly eBay do nothing, as is the case with the cheap wombler who's the subject of this thread.

And before anyone suggests it potentially a problem for the forum to identify eBay sellers, the proliferation of threads about one particular eBay seller over the years suggests that boat has sailed? 

I think what most whizzed me off about this particular guy was his 100% resolve to tell a complete lie in the face of all evidence to the contrary, and to treat me like a complete idiot by doing so. If he'd at east had the self-respect to simply say "OK, my apologies I must have made an error" it would be forgivable to a degree (a degree determined by whether or not he re-lists the item with the same or a revised description). But the implication that I must be an idiot for not recognising that what was a pretty much unused and poor quality likely Chinese manufacture maple fretless neck was in fact a high quality Allparts unit that had been played consistently by him since the late 1980s got under my skin. Interesting that he still has 100% feedback despite the neg I left him? 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Beedster said:

I think what most whizzed me off about this particular guy was his 100% resolve to tell a complete lie in the face of all evidence to the contrary, and to treat me like a complete idiot by doing so. If he'd at east had the self-respect to simply say "OK, my apologies I must have made an error" it would be forgivable to a degree (a degree determined by whether or not he re-lists the item with the same or a revised description). But the implication that I must be an idiot for not recognising that what was a pretty much unused and poor quality likely Chinese manufacture maple fretless neck was in fact a high quality Allparts unit that had been played consistently by him since the late 1980s got under my skin. Interesting that he still has 100% feedback despite the neg I left him? 

They can challenge your feedback and get it reviewed and removed.

It seems my Reverb report worked. Which is good news.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Beedster said:

I met him person and in face value I believed him, he was super apologetic but now with the “road worn” service he can offer, he was lying to my face. And I have a high BS detector- he says he bought it from a shop in 2009 and it’s not been played. But I asked him when was the neck last oiled, he claimed 2 weeks ago, which was plainly untrue as neck was very dry. He said the shop he bought from was closed and he was going to ask Fender- which raised an eyebrow 🤨 but by putting that ad back - shows him to be a scammer 

4 minutes ago, asingardenof said:

I can still see it there

You're absolutely right, it is still there. It had something like item not available when i glanced at it yesterday. I could also have been completely wrong, but am a little surprised.

Perhaps Reverb likes the 8% they get off this.

Rob

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, rwillett said:

You're absolutely right, it is still there. It had something like item not available when i glanced at it yesterday. I could also have been completely wrong, but am a little surprised.

Perhaps Reverb likes the 8% they get off this.

Rob

It's interesting that there's a comment from June in the seller feedback about making a MIM Jazz try to look roadworn, so I wonder if they've been trying to flog this for some time but nobody's been fooled yet.

Edited by asingardenof
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

I often ask advice here, sometimes by PM to certain people as I like the vintage fenders , there’s some knowledgeable and helpful people here ,I’ve met quite a few, and also they might see something that I’ve missed, which is easily done 

I have no shame asking as I'm not that knowledgable and would miss obvious things that other people who know more would immediately spot. In return, I can advise on all sorts of useful things such as public sector procurment, contract law as it pertains to G-Cloud contracts, delivery of complex IT projects, C/Perl programming and Unix kernel development, 3d printing and coaching girls rugby teams. A rich source of information that apparently nobody has any interest in whatsoever :)

Rob

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

That’s a terrible job someone has done on thick poly. The Road Worn series use nitro thinner paint and the effect is more of an abrasion,someone has just taken chunks off it 😂. No idea who that would naturally happen.

Hope you get it sorted, how much did you pay for it if you don’t mind me asking?

1 minute ago, RikiB said:

That’s a terrible job someone has done on thick poly. The Road Worn series use nitro thinner paint and the effect is more of an abrasion,someone has just taken chunks off it 😂. No idea who that would naturally happen.

Hope you get it sorted, how much did you pay for it if you don’t mind me asking?

was £900! which i got straight back in person