Why become a member? ×

Best value P bass pickup?

Dom in Dorset

i had the maida vale which was nice enough,but for me the tonerider is  a great pickup for the money

i have one in my old Fernandes and when i plugged it in the other day after a while of not using it,i had forgotten how nice and punchy it is.

• Like 1

EMG Geezer Butler P pickup hands down!

And not just for the price, an amazing pickup regardless of price.

Not exactly a cheap budget pickup, but it's still one of the absolute cheapest bigger brand P pickups.

78£/91 Euro at Thomann.

My absolutely favorite P pickup for a more vintage tone, for a more modern and aggressive tone the DiMarzio Model P, which cost slightly more, but still under 100£ I believe. 

But if you haven't got your bass properly shielded the Model P won't be completely noiseless, unlike the EMG Geezer, which is absolute dead quiet, even if you haven't got your bass properly shielded, as that one is shielded internally and got shielded wiring as well, with the ground running as a braided shield all along the insulated hot wire. 

Further more, thanks to EMG's solderless quick connecter system, the Geezer is extremely easy to install and doesn't require any soldering. 

Edited by Baloney Balderdash