Why become a member? ×

The first 75 seconds of bass - WOW!

Happy Jack

12 hours ago, meterman said:

Both times, three quarters of Young Gun Silver Fox formed the basis of his backing band and I was on percussion duties. The bassist used no pedals at all!

Nice!! I LOVE Young Gun Silver Fox! Had no idea they'd done this....

As an aside, their live bassist Dave is now the new Pretenders bassist..... 😎

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cetera said:

Nice!! I LOVE Young Gun Silver Fox! Had no idea they'd done this....

As an aside, their live bassist Dave is now the new Pretenders bassist..... 😎

Yeah, Dave is a monster guitarist / singer / bassist. Very talented guy. I think he might have depped in the Pretenders before getting the gig proper.

The YGSF live band is (or was) the same touring band as Shawn Lee’s solo touring band, where instead of having Andy Platts on lead vocals and keys, I’d play keys, guitar, percussion, flute etc instead and Shawn would sing lead. And before Dave joined we had Ernie McKone who is also a monster player. Great gigs to be on. 

The Hyde Park gig featured a YGSF set, and a few other acts, then a load of us grouped together as The Soho Radio All-Stars and did a long closing set with guest vocalists. Hamish Stuart, Terri Walker, Afrika Baby Bam from the Jungle Brothers who was excellent, the Cuban Brothers got up too, and there were others but I can’t remember who now.

We’d headlined a tiny little festival gig in Dorset with Hamish and Terri Walker previously so we were all familiar with his set. Was still nervous playing with him though. Again, drums plus two percussionists. The percussion charts were really intricate, punters probably just think it’s all tambourine but there’s loads going on to replicate the original recordings.

• Like 3

I saw a vid of Hamish with Baz and the Tomorrow band.

Multo funky.

Unlike the version with Ringo, and Steve Lukather (sp ?) there.

Did you notice Ringo wasn't going for the hihat choke accents ?

I'm not sure the other drummer (whose name I can't recall) did either.

Just my opinion

• Like 1

• 5 months later...